Wed, Sep 18, 7:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Trouble Creating Morph Target for hat

GaryChildress ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2014 at 11:38 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:22 PM

I'm trying to create a morph of a hat. The hat is a Soviet Papakha and the morph is to hide the red star on the front. I'm creating it using Wings 3D. I created the hat and the star, made them both a single object and then exported the file into an OBJ format. I next shrank the star and moved it inside the hat out of sight and exported the new configuration as an OBJ. I went into poser and imported the hat into a scene. I created the morph target using the OBJ of the hat with the shrunken and moved star. However, when I rotate the morph dial the hat not only hides the star but it also changes the Y translation of the whole hat a little ways. It's kind of annoying. What am I doing wrong? All I want is for the Red Star to shrink and disappear inside the hat. I don't want it to change the Y coordinates of the hat. :(

Thanks for any help!  

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

GaryChildress ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2014 at 11:51 PM

To clarify I am using Poser 9.  Thanks.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Fri, 21 November 2014 at 12:22 AM

Also having a problem with some sort of defect showing in the material. No matter what I do, even when I smooth the object more in Wings3D, when I export it into Poser 9, these weird line shows up on the figure (see below). I'm stumped. Poser is driving me crazy this evening. :(

file_5878a7ab84fb43402106c575658472fa.pn

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 22 November 2014 at 11:52 AM

I still can't figure this out. How do others create morphs?

Thanks.  

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 22 November 2014 at 12:36 PM · edited Sat, 22 November 2014 at 12:37 PM

DOH, sorry, I found a tutorial, tried something and it seems to be working now.

never mind.  

boyonamission ( ) posted Sun, 23 November 2014 at 9:35 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.