Wed, Sep 18, 12:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Rocket box Figures. Anyone managed to use in poser?

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2014 at 9:11 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 9:54 PM

Hi, I get ads from these people sometimes, and their figures look really good.

I was just wondering if anyone uses them for anything in any software?

Love esther

http://www.rocketbox-libraries.com

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 3:52 AM

Oh noooooo, 500 for those figures??? Seriously???

Good textures, maybe good rigging, don't know. All lowRes meshes. Any poser figure available looks way better.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 5:30 AM

WHAW, 500 for each?

They look good at normal render distance, proving once more that textures are more important then meshes.
Ha-ha-ha, they make the Low Polygon Poser meshes look realy HIGH resolution.

And; They use very good modeling techniques.
Using a denser mesh in strech areas and a very-very Low mesh density in shrink areas.

Very-very-extremely Low Polygon count, using extremely good texturing, but for 500 each?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 5:41 AM

as usual I forgot to check the price. IN fact I think I have posted a similar question in the past.  they look good though, but agree, even if they worked in poser, not for that price.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

heddheld ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2014 at 7:36 AM

your purse/wallet will love you for that decision ;-) that site makes daz look like the £ shop lol

Daffy34 ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2014 at 7:52 AM

We're a bit spoiled here in Poser and DS than in the rest of the 3Dverse. LOL

Ouch.

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 9:23 AM

I see no Characters there that cant be replicated in Daz studio or poser 

My website

YouTube Channel

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2014 at 1:09 PM

the pricing is because Havok is a game engine/simulator and these characters are intended for small game and sim studios. Individuals aren't able to buy these models. 

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 3:42 PM

I adore the set of Predatrons LoRez characters (I have them all, and wish more were forthcoming and rigged for Poser). And they're $20 a pop at regular price with facial and body morphs and some texture options. Perhaps not as perfectly optimized as Rocketbox figs, but I agree: We're spoiled rotten. :)

I don't even use them for animation or anything. It's just that if I want a cop or a monk or or a cardinal or a guy in a sci-fi hazmat suit, it's nice sometimes to just load up a single character with clothes included.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

DrNewcenstein ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2014 at 4:48 PM

Hey, back in the day one could purchase what would later become Posette for $450 from Zygote. 

Of course, she looked better than these hackjobs.

I'm sure the price also includes a smattering of Licensing so they can make a bit more $$ as long as you're using it in a sellable context.

Ooh, and the figures support 3DS Max 5. LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.