Sat, Aug 3, 4:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 5:21 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Another free modeling software - Form•Z Free

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2015 at 12:11 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:34 AM

Form•Z Free information here.

I've had a quick play with it, and it seems that much has improved from the last time I tried a version of Form•Z. Quite a nice toolset, with the main downside being that the only export format is STL (similarly to DesignSpark Mechanical, which is also free), so you'll have to use Blender/Wings3D/etc to assign UV mapping. Still, for the price of free, it's definitely worth a try at least :-)

BTW, maybe we should have a sticky thread with a list of the more notable free 3d/creative software? There are now quite a few that are very complete and useful for novices or even advanced users.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 20 January 2015 at 7:38 AM

thanks for posting this

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 6:36 AM

Correction to above information: Form•Z Free can also export to Collada and Google Earth formats.

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 12:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Thanks.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2015 at 1:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Here is the link to the Free Modeling Software Links thread.

I have stickied it.  I have also placed a link to it in the forum header so it can be easily found again.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.