Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Problem with M4K4 mixer

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2015 at 9:57 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:37 AM

Just wondering if anyone else is using this, and if they're having the same difficulty I am, that being, to select body parts, as hands, fingers, head and neck, I have to call the body parts list to get it.  Otherwise, it works well enough, I can go from a pre-teen through an adult with no real problems.  Some clothing items work just fine, some are a no-go, probably to be expected.  Sometimes I can select the forearm or shoulder with no problem, other times I have to call the list to get there.  Time consuming, but still usable if I want to take the time, which when working with the fingers can be a pain.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2015 at 12:26 AM

This is a quirk of Poser itself. Depending on how the part is transformed (combining morph+translation), Poser won't properly highlight the part your mouse cursor is over, despite the fact that the part is in the list when you right-click. I get the same issue when using Genesis 2 characters that are radically different than the default proportions.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2015 at 7:14 AM

Yes , sometimes happens to me, but only happens to me with very small parts (hands fingers), so no head  (sometimes you have to find the area where select the part of the body)
I think that's what explains R_Hatch ,  personally is not a problem for me, but of course everyone has their needs

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2015 at 12:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

You will save time and effort if you simply use the lists. I gave up trying to click on body parts that have been mixed a long time ago.

But you are SOOOOO Right. The package kicks ### when it comes to making younger characters. Now little brothers actually look like their older siblings! Children look like their parents! It ROCKS!

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2015 at 3:35 PM

Thanks.  I was wondering if it was something beyond me not doing something right.  Wondering though, it could be that the focus is on the unmorphed location, which by the time you get to that, something else has the focus.  But I can still take the characters I want to create from somewhere around ten, where the V4 morph starts to fall apart, up through adult, and not lose the faces or have them look like it's not the same person.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 12:26 AM

Wondering though, it could be that the focus is on the unmorphed location, which by the time you get to that, something else has the focus.

Doric

Yep. Sometimes I can figure out where Poser "thinks" the part is, and then the actual part will be highlighted to indicate that it will be selected when I click.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.