Mon, Jul 8, 3:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:58 pm)

Subject: Andreas Maschke (Thargor6) takes on MB3D

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2015 at 3:53 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 7:29 AM

Addreas (Thargor6) of J-Wildfire fame has decided to take on improving and adding to Mandelbulb3D, should be an interesting time for new developments in MB3D. There is a thread for Ideas to try to implement

http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/my-initial-ideas-for-continued-development-to-mb3d/new/#new

There is another thread for the debate over Open sourcing the Code for MB3D, MB3D is Jesse's it has always been and it's his decision as to whether he wanted to let it go to Open Source or just let a few trusted friends have it to work with. All the name calling and arguing is sensless, Open Source can be good but it can also be disastrous, I know Jesse and Thargor, I trust Jesse made the right decision for his program and I applaud Andreas for taking on the program, this should be very interesting. 

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2015 at 11:47 PM

I am following the discussions on Fractalforums.
I think he has some great ideas.
Too bad some people seem to think he should fail. :-(

Corrie 

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2015 at 12:05 AM

It'll be interesting anyway what ever Thargor comes up with. The ones that got upset over Jesse not just giving up the Code to Open Source are just Pissed because Jesse had already refused to let those individuals have the code and gave it instead to Thargor and Kali, of course DarkBeam has it too but he's not a Programmer just a Formula writer. I'm sure Thargor will add some interesting stuff....all I really want to see is a Reflections on d.IFS only selection like there is for Transparency...maybe a couple more Lights and second light selection for having Volumetric Lighting from two sources instead of one....that would be cool.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2015 at 12:12 AM

And Luca has no intention to give the code to anyone. ;-)
The Reflection thing would be cool.
We'll see what he comes up with.
He talked about a mutator generator like in Wildfire.
Could be very interesting! 
Maybe I'll start using MB again with some new stuff in it.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 12:30 PM

First Beta Release, added 2 more Formula Tabs and the ability to shift any formula forward or backwards, also a setting to pick the step size of any Variable adjustment increase or decrease. you can get the Beta which is available to all.....go to this thread and Download the attachment on the first post ....just the .exe and it's named so you can just drop it in the main MB3D and start playing....remember it's just a Beta

Beta MB3D

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 12:38 PM

Downloaded.
Will go play with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up, Len. :-) 

Corrie 

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 5:50 PM

That test program is real buggy. thinking will not be long til another release with these fixed and some new additions. As Andreas gets more familiar with the program and it's flow I sure it will be less buggy each update and we'll see changes that really mean added Render functionality. Man I would like to see 2 more lights, be able to select 2 VL light sources, VL lighting and Iteration Fog simultaneously, Render Reflects on d.IFS only selection like there is for Transparency and Bokeh for DoF, that would make me a Happy Camper. 

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2015 at 11:08 PM

All in good time, Len. ;-)

Haven't tried the new version yet, so will see later.
Hats off for Andreas, though, he's  really getting on with it.

Corrie 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.