Sun, Oct 6, 7:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What do these numbers mean?

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 8:41 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:05 PM

I am just curious. I just really noticed them in my freestuff and gallery. whatisthis.jpg

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 8:55 AM

I wonder what the KORG iELECTRIBE for iPhone has to do with an art site. Does it render images or do anything to make them look artier?

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:15 AM

Nope. It's an ad for an electronic drum machine.... I got tired of clicking on those ads to label them as irrelevant. That's why it's there.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:46 AM

Those are the number of people that are following you (your friends), how many times you have been favorited (images), how many views you have received, and finally how many likes you have. :)

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:48 AM

Ah.. OK.. I use firefox ad blocker so I never see the ads.
One of my grandsons would love your avatar.

**************************************************************************************

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:54 AM

KimberlyC posted at 7:53AM Mon, 14 September 2015 - #4228254

Those are the number of people that are following you (your friends), how many times you have been favorited (images), how many views you have received, and finally how many likes you have. :)

Really? I have followers? Cool.

Thank you!

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:54 AM

Ravyns posted at 7:54AM Mon, 14 September 2015 - #4228256

Ah.. OK.. I use firefox ad blocker so I never see the ads.
One of my grandsons would love your avatar.

Firefox has an ad blocker, huh? I am on Firefox right now. I should check into that.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 9:55 AM

And I made this avatar myself in GIMP.

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 10:14 AM

I like it.. My hubby has been using gimp for photo editing since he got a new pc. His old ArcSoft program won't work with 64 bit ..

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 11:39 AM

Went & hunted down those numbers.. The person + is your followers The middle number is favorites The one with the little eye is views.. The stupid thumb thing is how many likes.. (Guess they think they're facebook now)

Ravyns ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 11:45 AM

Just took a look at my gallery for the first time since the new downgrade.. They must also think they are Pinterest.. I like the way images look on Pinterest .. It does not look right here..

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 2:40 PM

KimberlyC posted at 8:40PM Mon, 14 September 2015 - #4228254

We do not really need that right, we do have that on FB alreayd. I am so sad how the site has turned out.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 11:35 PM

I understand what you are saying Raindroptheelf. I wanted to share something with you though. Even though I didn't need it, the college I'm in felt I needed a computer/internet class. Given.. I'm not a teenager at all.. and I've been on the internet for a long time. As I'm reading the textbook I'm noticing a trend... social media... social media..and more social media. Technology today is also geared towards the same thing. So its not really sad that the site has taken on things like FB its actually a social media thing. That is where the future is going towards. I'm not downing what you are saying.. I just wanted to share something that even surprised me.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 4:24 AM

KimberlyC posted at 10:13AM Tue, 15 September 2015 - #4228393

I understand what you are saying Raindroptheelf. I wanted to share something with you though. Even though I didn't need it, the college I'm in felt I needed a computer/internet class. Given.. I'm not a teenager at all.. and I've been on the internet for a long time. As I'm reading the textbook I'm noticing a trend... social media... social media..and more social media. Technology today is also geared towards the same thing. So its not really sad that the site has taken on things like FB its actually a social media thing. That is where the future is going towards. I'm not downing what you are saying.. I just wanted to share something that even surprised me.

I do understand what you are saying, but for me * personally * this is not a good change. I do understand that Renderosity wants to keep up with the latest trends, after all, it is a business and money has to be made. I just feel that Renderosity has lost a lot on the way with those changes. Where before I felt at home and as part of an Art Community, I now feel like , well, like a Customer. Where before I LOVED shopping here and spend hours on this site, I do not even want to be here. The Gallery has changed for the worst with the endless scrolling, no way to go from page A - F and back to B... and then just suddenly stops the scrolling and you can not go to older Images.

One now needs tutorials to even navigate this site because of all those changes which have been made * not for the better IN MY humble opinion.

I can not talk for everyone , but I know that I am not alone feeling this way. I am not the only one that thinks that RMP has changed from a fantastic Community place to JUST A STORE. :(

I am here for YEARS and spend A LOT of money,now I have to think if I even want to put an Image in the Gallery or have a look in the Store and most times I decide not to bother.

Kind regards Petra

chanur56 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 5:45 PM

KimberlyC posted at 12:26AM Wed, 16 September 2015 - #4228393

You really want to tell us that Renderosity stays for 'social media' now? Until yet I thought that Renderosity is a shop where I can get stuff for Poser or Daz for my money. If I want 'social media' I don't need a cheap copy of Facebook, I can use the 'real' thing (and I would use that if I would be interested in 'social media', not Rendo at all...).

It is sad to see that a once powerful store with a lot of great stuff has turned into 'social media' crap. When do you change your name, 'Facerosity' or 'Renderbook' for example? That would be consequent instead of doing so as if you would be interested in making money by selling useful stuff (as it has been before that 'exiting' change,,,).

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 10:14 PM

In the rush to be more like everybody else's social media site, Renderosity has lost what it had that was unique and personal and good. Those of us who are asking for specific changes want to see the functionality come back. We don't need yet another social media experience, we need that family-of-artists experience that we got here and nowhere else. If we can't find a piece of art we saw last week, something is broken. If we don't know who favorited and liked our work, something is missing. If we can't share our process with other artists and learn from their process, there's a hole in our experience. Art doesn't happen in a vacuum. We need interaction with other artists. Credits for 3D work, EXIF data for photography, a functional search feature, page numbers ... all the things that people have been asking for ... are the things that make up a rewarding Renderosity experience. We can be shallow on any number of websites, but the RR community was better than that. Those things on our wish lists are what enable connection and continuity. Keep the social media "look" if you must, but give us back the functionality we need in order to work and thrive!

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2015 at 4:31 AM

I would like to know when someone has chosen one of my images as a personal favourite so that I can thank them as I used to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.