Fri, Oct 4, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Questions about Aniblocks?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 1:41 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:33 AM

Hi

I'm getting so that I can navigate around in DAZ Studio a little bit better but I'm still having problems figuring what works with what. I'm surprised that there isn't more crossover between Genesis characters.

One thing is the animation process, I have the basics of the Aniblock process, but I'm finding that it works with the basic Genesis figure but not with Genesis 3.

Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I'd think that it should support all the characters at least in the basic package. But when I try to apply any of the actions to G3 I just get a lot of strange movements.

My second question, can I create my own Aniblocks? As an animation geek that might be interesting.

Manually animating G3 seems to work, maybe I could create my own movements for it. I didn't find any information or videos, on how to save movements as individual blocks, maybe I just haven't got that far yet.

Any information, or a link to a tutorial welcome.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

markht ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 2:34 PM

An aniblocks is similar to a series of character poses. An aniblock is made for a specific character. Most of the free aniblocks that come packaged with animate are for V4. Those aniblocks will work to some degree with G3F, but they will need lots of adjustment and tweaking to look good.

There is "Animation Conversion V4.2 to Genesis and Genesis 2 Female" by DraagonStorm. This is a script that will convert a V4.2 animation to G1 or G2, but not G3.

There are a number of aniblocks for G2F sold in the DAZ store and some here at Rendo. I have seen work in progress animations from PAs for G3F, but as far as I know nothing has been released yet.

I have used aniblocks as starting points for parts of animations, but the size of the market for aniblocks means there is a pretty limited selection available. You cannot expect to create a whole animation by just combining aniblocks. Much of the animation you will need to do manually. The essential plugins for doing manual animation in DAZ Studio are keyMate and graphMate. I don't think you can create good animated motions manually without these plugins. They are both in the DAZ Store.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 10:41 PM

Hi

Thanks for the information. Is it possible to create your own Aniblocks?

Mike

markht ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 11:24 PM

MikeMoss posted at 9:21PM Mon, 21 September 2015 - #4230002

Hi

Thanks for the information. Is it possible to create your own Aniblocks?

Mike

It is possible to create your on Aniblocks, I'm not sure if you can do this with Animate Lite or you need the full version.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 10:44 AM

Thanks I'll check into that.

checkrayann ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2016 at 4:16 AM

COMMENT TELECHARGER Animation Conversion V4.2 to Genesis and Genesis 2 Female

boudicca36 ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2016 at 6:32 PM

You need the full version to create AniBlocks but "shop wisely". It's included in one of the bundles and they do go on sale now and then.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.