Fri, Oct 4, 12:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Need help, Roxie Eyes?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:40 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:54 AM

Hi

I'm trying to set up the Roxie Improved figure. I can't get the Irises and Pupils to show?

I didn't have any problems applying textures to anything else, but they don't show up when I apply the eye textures?

Roxie Eyes.JPG

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:42 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:44 PM

PS. The Eye Ball texture isn't showing up either.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:45 PM

#1 posting it to the Community Forum instead of the Poser Forum....make sure you are using the Make new thread in the Forum you want it to be in and not the Start Thread at Top Right which is Community Forum

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 2:21 PM · edited Tue, 22 September 2015 at 2:22 PM

I think you accidentally loaded an opaque shader onto the Cornea material. The eye's pupil, iris, and sclera are covered by that - it's supposed to be transparent or refractive.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 9:52 PM
Online Now!

Did you try applying Roxie's textures from the Material Room Collection? I had no problems using this method in PP2014. Rendered fine also.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 10:27 PM

I just installed her in my runtime. I'll check it out later and see if I have any problems. I beta tested the morphs for Lyrra and I just loaded her textures from the materials room without issue, so that should work.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:24 AM

Try to load the materials in the advnced mode.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:43 AM

Go to the advanced material room and check the material setup for the cornea. The cornea materials are blocking your view to the eye textures.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 10:56 PM · edited Wed, 23 September 2015 at 11:06 PM

Hi

Thanks for the info, I'll go and check it out. I clicked on the wrong icon, I'm not used to the new forum look yet. I'm not sure I ever will be. LOL

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 1:08 PM · edited Thu, 24 September 2015 at 1:11 PM

Hi Again!

I didn't have any luck so I started all over. I reloaded the figure and tried again to add all the textures.

Everything works except the eyes.

If I make the Cornea transparent then I can see the other eye parts.

But the textures don't load in them even when they are visible.

In the images below the Cornea it transparent in the Left eye, (right on the screen) and not in the Right eye.

Poser Eye.JPG

Poser Eye 2.JPG

Changing the Ambient color lets me see the areas defined by the colors, but the textures are not showing, and changing the Diffuse color has no effect.

I'm wondering if there is some error in the eye setup of the figure? I've never seen this issue before, and all the other textures load in the normal way.

Has anyone else set up the figure and been able to apply the eye textures?

Mike

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 1:18 PM
Online Now!

Mine displays perfectly with the Material Collection. Does she render properly or with missing textures? Are you viewing with OpenGL or SreeD?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 1:45 PM

In that last material screenshot, you have her cornea set to ambient=1 (the cornea will glow), and specular and diffuse both at 1. Set ambient to zero, diffuse to zero, and specular to 0.25 with a near-white color, with highlight size of maybe 0.05 Set transparency edge to 0.5 Just delete the image map and the blender node.

Try that and let's see if it works OK.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 11:17 PM · edited Thu, 24 September 2015 at 11:19 PM

Hi

Here it is with those settings. The Right Eye has a texture map applied that Left Eye doesn't.

Roxie 3.JPG

No matter what I do the textures don't show in the image. It's like they don't load but they show in the control panel and I don't get any error messages.

Mike

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 4:00 AM

But how does she render?

I loaded her materials from the material room without any problems whatsoever. I am not really sure what is going on, so I know I am not much help.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 8:13 AM
Online Now!

Mike, the only screencap we are seeing is the preview panel. Have you rendered Roxie yet? Does the textures appear in the render? Did you try switching your display settings? I beginning to think it's the display considering everything you have done has not improved the situration. So far, we have no indication that you have tried those recommendation yet.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 8:47 AM · edited Fri, 25 September 2015 at 8:48 AM

Set transparency to 1, set transparency edge to 0.5

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 1:35 PM · edited Fri, 25 September 2015 at 1:36 PM

The problem is that you keep making the cornea opaque, Mike. Try setting the transparency to 1, transparency edge to 1, and transparency falloff to 0. Set specular to 0.25 with a near-white color, with highlight size of maybe 0.05

With those settings, you'll see nothing of the cornea except the specular highlights.

Poser 12, in feet.  

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 5:30 PM · edited Fri, 25 September 2015 at 5:30 PM

Hi

No, I have the cornea set to 100% transparency. If I don't you don't see any indication of the pupil and iris at all, not even when you force it to show using the ambient color.

The problem is that for some reason the textures don't show up.

I'm going to load the original Roxie and the Improved Roxie side by side in the same scene and see if I can compare them and figure out what's different.

I'll get back to you after I try that.

Mike

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 10:00 PM

Mike - you have not answered the question.

RENDER IT

Does it render with textures in the render?

We're thinking that all you show is Preview, and that your preview is messed up, not the textures.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 1:00 AM · edited Sat, 26 September 2015 at 1:03 AM

Hi

It did render sort of, but not the way it should have, there was an indication of the texture but it had a hard line around the outside and was indistinct.

I did finally get it to work, but not the way I thought it would.

I loaded the two Roxies in side by side and then worked back and forth trying to make them match. It didn't work that way, I couldn't do exactly the same thing in both, and the results don't match exactly, but it does work well enough.

The reason that I wasn't concentrating on the rendered version is because I do mostly animation, not still images so I don't render my final images, I just set the preview to high resolutions and a large size so that they look clean and crisp when I create the film clips.

Here are my final results, same lighting (they are just the way they appear in the same windows).

The one on the Right is the new Roxie, the left one it the old one with the default textures loaded.

Two Roxies.JPG

This works well enough for what I do with it.

Note the difference in how the shoulder curves etc. The new one does look smoother.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Mike

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 1:24 PM

Mike, you could copy the material of the original Roxie's cornea, then paste that to the cornea of the improved Roxie.

Poser 12, in feet.  

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 2:10 PM

Hi

I was wondering about that.

I tried just copying the head from one to the other but nothing happened. How would I do that?

Mike

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 2:47 PM · edited Sat, 26 September 2015 at 2:50 PM

Enter the (advanced) material room. Select the cornea material of original Roxie; either by clicking on the cornea in the preview window or by navigating the material list for Roxie. Right click in the material workspace, and select all / copy. Now select the cornea of Improved Roxie. Right click on the top tab of the Poser surface root node, and paste. Select the other cornea and paste there also. Use the delete unconnected nodes wacro to clean up.

Alternatively, you can select Roxie's cornea material, select the library's materials section, and save Roxie's cornea material as an mt5 material file (single material) to the library. Select Improved Roxie's cornea, and double left click the new mt5. Select the other cornea and double click the mt5.

If you can't get that, here is a zip with two material files. Open the zip, and manually copy them to your library's materials folder. One is an mt5 for the cornea; the other is an mc6 which will apply all of Roxie's default materials.

Roxie mat files .

Poser 12, in feet.  

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2015 at 4:05 PM · edited Sat, 26 September 2015 at 4:05 PM

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Mike

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2015 at 1:16 AM

when i was working on RI I set the materials to a dark gray with a bright specular in order to make bumps in morphs easier to see. I didn't bother reloading the default materials, since I presumed people would be using new skins like I did. Sorry!

To set Roxie's mats back to 'regular' just go to the Materials folder, then People, Roxie and use the default No gens skin, and then in the eyelashes folder one of those. That should put everything back to exactly how the default roxie loads.

For my promos I used the Roxie skin, or converted v4 skins, and then the EZSkin Roxie shader settings to spiff up the whole look of the figure. I don't think that will matter for what you are doing though, since thats mostly after render effects.

I am planning on making a patched version in the next week or so, to fix 2 scaling morph issues that have been mentioned to me, and anything else that gets reported. So I can just as easily reset the mats to default while I am at it.

Lyrra

willardj ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2016 at 3:26 AM

In the advanced tab of the material room disconnect the Blender_2 and Blinn_nodes. Those are not needed for Superfly. They are tweaks to make the Firefly render better for Roxie. Then right click and ad a raytrace/reflect node. Connect that to the reflection channel and dial it down to 0.2. This is all explained in Mark Bremmers tutorial on how to make legacy figures work with Superfly.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.