Mon, Oct 21, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Reinstalling DAZ Studio Content - Best Method?

Xatren ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 3:38 PM · edited Sun, 13 October 2024 at 1:09 AM

I find myself needing to move my DAZ Studio and all the content I have installed to a new computer. Once DAZ Studio is installed on the new machine, do I need to re-download and reinstall through the DIM, or can I just copy over my library to the new machine, like you used to be able to just copy your runtime to a new machine with Poser?

What's the best method to go about this move?

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 3:45 PM
Online Now!

I copied mine to the new computer....
I installed DS and told it where the Library folder was gonna live (never on my C drive, cause I'm old and paranoid!) Then I copied all my goodies in to the folder DS created and Everything Worked! I was pleasantly surprised!!!

;>

Andy!

Xatren ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 3:48 PM

donnena posted at 3:47PM Mon, 07 December 2015 - #4243062

I copied mine to the new computer....
I installed DS and told it where the Library folder was gonna live (never on my C drive, cause I'm old and paranoid!) Then I copied all my goodies in to the folder DS created and Everything Worked! I was pleasantly surprised!!!

This is very good news. Thanks.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 4:10 PM
Site Admin

I keep duplicates of all my content library folders on a removable flash drive, and when I need to reinstall them for whatever reason I can just copy them directly from the flash drive onto my HD. Never any problems doing it that way.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2016 at 9:26 PM

I have changed computers a few times and just either copied the data or used the same physical disk (my current setup is an external thunderbolt disk). I recently bought a windows computer that uses my Mac's runtime via network drive and I don't have any problems...except that I have a bunch of old stuff that I'll never use again taking up disk-space.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.