Wed, Sep 18, 11:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Genesis 3 in Poser 11 - Almost

BUFF54 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2016 at 12:22 PM

Hi all! "Almost", for me too. First let me say a humble thanks for any effort to open a "channel" for G3 from DS(4.9) into P11! I also followed the PDF and even had the G3F in P11 already, when the G3PoserUpdater showed up a "new" error "could not find C:Windowssystem32Genesis3Inj.pz2", and alas I cannot find any hints about this on any forum, so I post it here hoping that You may see it. Obviously a path error ... the solution I found on my own was: desinstall G3PU (I had my own path choice), accept the default install path for G3PU, and then I ran it again on my G3F saved cr2 - and that did the trick: now it says "saved" and the Expression morphs work - sorry, I am a n00b, but hopefully, this may also help others n00bs as well =)

Another tip: the face expression dials are not there when You select the Head (no morph dials there), but when You select the whole character and goto "Pose Controls > Head > Expressions, and here are the dials to play with.

Hope this helps - this was my first post ever in this forum

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2016 at 10:14 PM · edited Sun, 17 April 2016 at 10:25 PM

To BUFF54BUFF54 I'm not sure I'm reading right... Are you saying you were able to get Ge as a Cr2 other then a DSON export?

BUFF54 ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2016 at 11:00 PM

To tchamberlain2: not really without DSON, but Willdials excellent tool enables us now to use Poser(11) even for Genesis 3, which was possible for Genesis (1) and Genesis 2 only. It is still not "easy" to prepare a cr2, but possible. So we can finally do any crossovers with all characters now between DAZ Studio and Poser. I use both. I find it sad when companies try to split the communities by going into incompatibilities that "someone out there" takes as a challenge to fix that ...once again, many thanks to Willdial & Lululee!

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2016 at 11:48 PM · edited Sun, 17 April 2016 at 11:53 PM

Thank you so much for your response. Has anyone pulled off making a G3 Cr2? And if so can some one please give the cake directions on how this can be done. Possibly video record it... Maybe a tutorial on how it could maybe done. If not, written directions would be good too. I have done The G2 cr2 export before but never was successful with a G3 (other then just DSON export).

BUFF54 ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2016 at 11:52 PM

Just follow Willdial´s Manual, it comes with his tool, explaining all preparation steps from DS to P11. And You better really read that before hacking anything =)

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 8:56 PM · edited Thu, 21 July 2016 at 9:02 PM

I've followed Willdial's instructions, but when I went to create the Poser companion files from a subset I'd saved in my Poser runtime, it said "A source path could not be determined based on the currently selected container in the Content Library." Basically, it wouldn't let me make companion files unless I saved the subset to the default DS runtime directory. I've managed to circumvent this somewhat by creating the companion files in the default library and then copy-pasting everything into the corresponding directories in my Poser runtime (including the DSF file).

Now, I get a complete and visible figure (which is further than I got before learning not to cross runtimes), but in the middle of loading, it asks me to locate a PMD file which I don't seem to have. After I tell it to stop looking for missing files, the figure nevertheless appears, but when I try to pose it, I see an outline of it move as expected, but the actual geometry stays still as a statue. Any advice will be much appreciated!

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 9:13 PM

UPDATE: If I re-select the Body after posing, the geometry snaps into place! Much better, but still not quite there (I still have no morphs).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.