Wed, Sep 18, 11:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: cant run PPRO 2010

santicor ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 10:04 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 7:51 PM

well first of all, regardless of the reason, I'm sorry to say I am still working in Poser PRO 2010. I am trying to use it on a different machine than I normally do, I downloaded it into an old machine which is running windows 7 -svc pack 1 - 64 bit

I don't see why it should not run, Ppro2010 on Windows 7....but i'm getting windows error " side by side configuration is incorrect" when I click the ppro2010 .exe

I don't know a lot about windows, compatibility, all that stuff, I just want to run Ppro 2010 on a different machine than usual, and I guess I am a little over my head

CAn someone tell me if its possible to run P Pro 2010 on W7 ? What is this error mean? and how can I work around it ?- last question- I went to my.smithmicro.com to look for some kind of updates to old poser versions, but that site kind of sucks you cant really successfully search around for old poser versions or updates or anything, does anyone know where in smithmicro land you can go to get an update? Thanks

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 10:13 AM · edited Fri, 29 January 2016 at 10:14 AM

Did you install it to Program files? Try installing it OUTSIDE the program files folders and see how it runs. Might be UAC (User account control) that's causing your problems. It might also be a Windows 7 update that's causing it too, which would be unfortunate.

Laurie

santicor ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 10:25 AM

yeahhhhhhh....it doesn't run no matter where I try to run it from..... :-(

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 12:35 PM · edited Fri, 29 January 2016 at 12:37 PM

I know W&W said that his copy of Poser 7, which did work fine in Windows 7, is no longer working and he thought it was a windows update. My guess is something to do with IE, but one never knows with Microshaft....it could be anything.

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 2:54 PM · edited Fri, 29 January 2016 at 2:54 PM

If you do not yet have SR 1.2, try here

"I went to my.smithmicro.com to look for some kind of updates to old poser versions, but that site kind of sucks you cant really successfully search around for old poser versions or updates or anything,"

But Google can. Let me Google that for you

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 2:56 PM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

Hello santicor

I had a similar problem a while back but I do have Poser Pro 2010 running on Windows 7 the problem came back to the Adobe Air application that is used in Poser Pro 2010 unless you have other more recent version of Poser Pro like 2012 or 2014 which will update Adobe Air when installed just uninstall Adobe Air and then reinstall Poser Pro 2010 and it will install the version it needs. Unless you need a latest version of Adobe Air for some other application then do not update it. Adobe Air in Poser Pro is needed so you can see your library. It is not compatible with current version of Adobe Air unless you have new versions of Poser Pro.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.