Sun, Oct 6, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: can't find new content in 4.9

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 12:37 PM ยท edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Hi; I have purchased several things from Rendo that I have to install manually. My daz folder is under My Documents/My Daz 3D Library/ - that is where install manager has been installing things. I installed my new products, Jayne for V7 into that folder and she does not show up. Neither does my new Zeddicus pose and chair set for V7. I can't find them anywhere. Is there someplace else I should be installing this? Thanks, Sherrie

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 1:37 PM

Check with the Windows Explorer of they are there. under My DAZ 3D Library you should find the folders data, People, Runtime ...

The freeposes fro Z3D be should located under PeopleGenesis 3 FemalePoses!Z3D_Free_Poses.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 2:40 PM
Online Now!

According to the readme, all your files are nested under a content folder. This is typically the hierarchy that DAZ zipped files follow for installation through DIM. But this is a Rendo product that is not created for DIM use. To manually install this product, you must remove all the folders and files from within the content folder and place those into My DAZ Library, do not allow the zip application to automatically decompress to that location. If you need to, unzip into a temporary location, open the content folder and manually transfer the files/folders within. Keep in mind, DIM strips everything from the content folder and discards it while placing all the relevant DAZ files into My DAZ Library. I don't understand why vendors attempt to emulate DAZ hierarchy without a proper delivery mechanism like DIM or provide proper instructions to transfer files manually. In this case, you may have nested your character deeper into your Library folder.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 3:13 PM

Thank you. I just lost "Figures" from my content library and MY DAZ3D Library has become disconnected from Studio and I don't know why. What a mess!

LPR001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 5:57 PM

@hborre where were you all those years ago?

Of course if you consistently get it wrong for years before you bother to read the manual or visit a forum your products are still there you just need flippers and a snorkel to go find them. If I used the correct procedure now it would get very untidy :-)

Razor42 put forward a suggestion that Rendo have a step by step tutorial for installing 3rd party products and I thought it was a great idea at the time. It gets better with each passing day, tbh I can't believe there is not one here already, I will see if we can't speed things up a bit.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 7:49 PM

I have contacted Daz and they asked for screen shots which I gave them. I should not have done this, but I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled it thinking that would fix the paths, but it is worse now. Studio says things are installed and so does the DIM, but they are not there. Studio can't find them.!

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 7:50 PM

I tried to attach screenshot from and they end up as code. NO .jpegs. I am using the free screen capture program.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 7:51 PM

Of course I read the tutorials. Unfortunately, none of them are for 4.9 which has changed some at least in the interface.

LPR001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2016 at 8:23 PM ยท edited Thu, 04 February 2016 at 8:29 PM

What OS are you using? Windows # Although if you mean code when you attach your image here at rendo you can click on they greyed out "Preview" in top left of this comment box to see image in "Write" mode you will only see the upload link. Either way once you press Add Comment your image will be included

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2016 at 8:42 AM

I am running Windows 7 64, Daz Studio 4.9, I have an Intel 3.4 processor, Nvidia 4 gig graphics card and 64 gigs of RAM.

LPR001 ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2016 at 11:49 AM

Probably require some screenshots so members see whats happening in order to assist you. If you are trying to upload the same images you sent to Daz then there should be no issue putting them here, Or on Win 7 you can capture the screen by pressing the Prt or (Print Screen) once, then open the default Windows Paint program and paste it from the clipboard save it out as a JPG. This should give you the images.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

jestmart ( ) posted Fri, 05 February 2016 at 1:13 PM

The way content libraries are mapped in Studio has not changed since version 1.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.