Wed, Sep 18, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Daz Studio bridge to VWD

akuei2 ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2016 at 1:30 AM

me too ๐Ÿ˜€

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2016 at 11:19 AM

Smaker1 posted at 5:17PM Fri, 15 July 2016 - #4270724

Hello again

Just to say I'm already happy with the plug-in! I took a project I started and continued in DS4, Phil's Plug and VWD. (G3F, old but good V4 Psychee dress). It's far more quick and efficient than my previous WF. Bravo to Phil and of course VWD!

Psychee-5 Dust PW.jpg

I know I've already gushed over a piece of work of yours, but this I just saw this, and dear God... If I wasn't chomping at the bit before, I'm swinging from the ceiling for the Daz Studio plugin to be released! ๐Ÿ˜œ You're torturing us with these gorgeous renders!!!! :p

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2016 at 1:58 AM

Summoner by DM

A review I did for the outfit using VWD Poser. More vids will include hair sims. Waiting desperately for the Daz Bridge.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

agape ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2016 at 4:09 PM

I am playing with the Poser version to get acquainted with it for when the DS version is ready. Having a blast!

macsavers ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2016 at 4:51 PM

I take it the bridge will be Windows only for now, correct?

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2016 at 10:34 PM

agape:

You will still be using the same VWD software you are using right now. The DS Bridge is only a way for us to interact with VWD (send to, return from) with some small differences in how Poser, and DS handle returned animations and poses. I like using DS more than using Poser, but I use both, so I will continue to use both, the DS Bridge (beta testing for now), and default VWD with Poser. Long live VWD!

Mac:

I don't have the answer to that question, but I do know there has been talk of it before. Hopefully, Philemot, and will come along and have an answer for you.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2016 at 6:47 AM

DaremoK3 posted at 12:46PM Sun, 17 July 2016 - #4276082

agape:

You will still be using the same VWD software you are using right now. The DS Bridge is only a way for us to interact with VWD (send to, return from) with some small differences in how Poser, and DS handle returned animations and poses. I like using DS more than using Poser, but I use both, so I will continue to use both, the DS Bridge (beta testing for now), and default VWD with Poser. Long live VWD!

Mac:

I don't have the answer to that question, but I do know there has been talk of it before. Hopefully, Philemot, and will come along and have an answer for you.

I've got my fingers crossed that Philemot will also come along with a release date! ๐Ÿ˜‡ HOWEVER, I know that I'm being wickedly impatient and couldn't begin to grasp how hard it is to develop a plug-in like this. I'll keep trying to wish the remaining bugs away with sheer will power. ๐Ÿ˜†

Erwin0265 ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 1:03 AM

Geeze!!............... I've been gone for a couple of months (Hospital; great fun - not!!!) and you guys bring out a DAZ bridge!! I've only been using Poser for the VWD ability; now it's time to really have some fun!!! WHEN?????????? I see the the DAZ bridge is "out" for the Beta testers (pity I missed that ship), so when can us in the Peanut Gallery expect the coming of the Mes.., err DAZ bridge program??? Sorry, I got too impatient to read 7 pages of posts to find a date.......................

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 1:54 AM

Ashfire45 posted at 8:43AM Mon, 18 July 2016 - #4275934

Smaker1 posted at 5:17PM Fri, 15 July 2016 - #4270724

Hello again

Just to say I'm already happy with the plug-in! I took a project I started and continued in DS4, Phil's Plug and VWD. (G3F, old but good V4 Psychee dress). It's far more quick and efficient than my previous WF. Bravo to Phil and of course VWD!

Psychee-5 Dust PW.jpg

I know I've already gushed over a piece of work of yours, but this I just saw this, and dear God... If I wasn't chomping at the bit before, I'm swinging from the ceiling for the Daz Studio plugin to be released! ๐Ÿ˜œ You're torturing us with these gorgeous renders!!!! :p

Thanks Ashfire!

Yes my trouble now is to lurk in my old libraries and think: what I could do with VWD? It's also the same with old renders for which I think it would be good to do some simulation to have a better fitting. 3D is an endless fun ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Don't know about the mac question as I'm a PC user.

philemot ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 4:18 AM

@Erwin0265 and @Ashfire45

I still have that SubD bug resisting me. As soon as I'm able to eradicate that little buster, I'll release the bridge. After that, the delay will just be the acceptance test from Rendo (hopefully, it'll go as fast as for the Carrara one). And no, I won't make any estimate for a tricky bug resolution. It can be one hour or several days. I just don't know.

Erwin0265 ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 7:23 AM

@philemot, thanks for the prompt reply. I understand; a bug resolution is pretty much analogous to "how long is a piece of string?"; it takes as long as it takes (bugger!)................... AND.... hopefully the acceptance test from Rendo won't take as long as VWD's..................... Cheers

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 10:54 AM

I've joined rendo specifically for this. Congrats guys on the almost release.

Is this win64 bit too?

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2016 at 11:29 PM

janrendo:

Welcome...

Yes, there is a win32, and a win64 version. I am using both. 32-bit for my Windows XP laptop, and 64-bit on my Windows 7 PC. Both work equally great with VWD.

janrendo ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2016 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the information mate, I'll anxiously wait for the release. Been a long time since I got excited about anything daz studio related and this has got me buzzing.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2016 at 12:11 PM

janrendo posted at 6:10PM Tue, 19 July 2016 - #4276393

Thanks for the information mate, I'll anxiously wait for the release. Been a long time since I got excited about anything daz studio related and this has got me buzzing.

+1, I think you and I need to start a support group to help each other through this excitement, lol!!

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 9:15 AM ยท edited Wed, 20 July 2016 at 9:16 AM

I'd buy the plugin now even in beta stage, thats how bad I want some dynamics. When I first got into Daz I did'nt think conforming cloth was so bad. However as the renders got better and better now the conforming cloth sticks out like a sore thumb. Dynamic cloth and hair are the last bit of the puzzle. That and a easier way to pose figures.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 11:22 AM

janrendo posted at 5:20PM Wed, 20 July 2016 - #4276480

I'd buy the plugin now even in beta stage, thats how bad I want some dynamics. When I first got into Daz I did'nt think conforming cloth was so bad. However as the renders got better and better now the conforming cloth sticks out like a sore thumb. Dynamic cloth and hair are the last bit of the puzzle. That and a easier way to pose figures.

I get what you mean 100%. I can't wait to see my clothes sit so naturally and realistically on my figures!!! And now long skirts won't be a nightmare to work with!! I don't know about you, but I feel like this is going to enhance the quality of my renders so bloody much; things will look far more organic now, hopefully! <3

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 11:49 AM

I am curious to see how the bridge to DS works...if there is a video on it? Are there any?

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 12:26 PM

3doutlaw posted at 6:26PM Wed, 20 July 2016 - #4276499

I am curious to see how the bridge to DS works...if there is a video on it? Are there any?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3BOMLShP0M - I think that video might be a bit outdated, but should give you a jist of things!

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 12:44 PM

3 things I'm wondering about...

First if sitting on a chair and setting the collisions be possible? say for a figure wearing a long skirt or long dress.

Second is elasticity and strech resistance. Would you be able to not only let the clothes drape but also not warp and droop in places?

Third lot of clothes have fake wrinkles built into them not sure if they are in the mesh or via bump/displacement maps. Curious to see how these fake wrinkles will look in rendered images.

These are all just minor things compared to getting dynamics but I'm curious.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 1:02 PM

Thanks, I had watched that video, but it stops after the simulation...seems to be part 1 of a 2 part series. :( How about the biscuits videos mentioned in the thread? Do they show anything getting into DS?

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 1:04 PM

3doutlaw posted at 7:04PM Wed, 20 July 2016 - #4276504

Thanks, I had watched that video, but it stops after the simulation...seems to be part 1 of a 2 part series. :( How about the biscuits videos mentioned in the thread? Do they show anything getting into DS?

From what I know/remember, and please anyone feel free to correct me, all the other tutorials are done in Poser! :<

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 3:42 PM

I agree with you: all tutorials I have seen where with Poser..

But, for me, it's not a problem as the main part/complexity is inside VWD and it's the same either using Poser or DS4 (with the plug)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 3:50 PM

3doutlaw posted at 10:44PM Wed, 20 July 2016 - #4276499

Same as Poser:

In DS4: you load character , clothes launch the plug: VWD is running

In VWD: make simu click on "send pose to Host" to get the result in DS4

You don't see any plug-in interface (only DS4 and VWD) because the plug is doing the technical magic between DS4 and VWD

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 4:02 PM

janrendo posted at 10:51PM Wed, 20 July 2016 - #4276502

3 things I'm wondering about...

First if sitting on a chair and setting the collisions be possible? say for a figure wearing a long skirt or long dress.

Second is elasticity and strech resistance. Would you be able to not only let the clothes drape but also not warp and droop in places?

Third lot of clothes have fake wrinkles built into them not sure if they are in the mesh or via bump/displacement maps. Curious to see how these fake wrinkles will look in rendered images.

These are all just minor things compared to getting dynamics but I'm curious.

First: of course ! There is a tut about this if I remember well

Second: yes. Even more you can put the drape where you want . For me the best functionnality of VWD !!

Third: if modeled it"s depend of the model. But there are two rigidify options for vertices: neighborhood: VWD will keep the wrinkles (more or less depending of the model and the sim) extension: wrinkle could will be lost And you can mix the two. You can try different scenario very quickly to find the best result. What clothe for example?

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2016 at 4:04 PM

@janrendo: These questions are not linked to the plug but to VWD. Perhaps they must adressed in a new topic so Poser user can also answer! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 3:50 AM

@janrendo: there is a long topic in the Poser Forum "Conforming clothes and hair animation" about VWD. That was before the dedicated VWD forum

In page 23, I posted a render with a Genesis (2 or 3) character seated with a long dress and long sleeves. Just to get the idea.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 7:36 AM ยท edited Thu, 21 July 2016 at 7:36 AM

Smaker1 posted at 8:35AM Thu, 21 July 2016 - #4276515

Same as Poser:

You don't see any plug-in interface (only DS4 and VWD) because the plug is doing the technical magic between DS4 and VWD

So do you just end up with the pose, or does the whole animation come over to DS? Is the DS plugin available yet?

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 7:52 AM

3doutlaw posted at 1:52PM Thu, 21 July 2016 - #4276591

Smaker1 posted at 8:35AM Thu, 21 July 2016 - #4276515

Same as Poser:

So do you just end up with the pose, or does the whole animation come over to DS? Is the DS plugin available yet?

From what I know and I'm no expert on the program, but the whole animation comes over to DS, I'm rather sure! HOWEVER, you'll need to purchase the full version rather than the Lite one if you want to import animations!

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 8:12 AM

You have the choice: you can decide to come back in DS4 with one frame or the whole animation. As Ashfire said: you must have the right VWD version. Animation is not mandatory: sometimes I have a conforming clothe on a posed character and go in VWD for simulation to adjust the fitting, move the drape,.... In VWD you are in an endless simulation to make all the adjustments you need. Of course this scenario is for still render

All you see with Poser is available in DS4 via the plugin (VWD is an "independent" tool working with either Poser or DS4)

The DS4 plug-in is still in beta as Phil said there is still a bug with the subd possibilities in DS4 .

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2016 at 1:22 AM

I'm sad...

The DS Bridge beta timed-out today, and I was working on detailing a work-flow for using XNALara hair meshes for Ashfire45.

I thought I stumbled upon a new bug, because I was working in VWD via the bridge for approximately two hours, and when I went to "Send pose to host" I was greeted with an error pop-up about VWD not being able to find the support lib file and to close VWD because it has lost connection with host.

I tried two more times with different components, and all ending in the same error message. It finally dawned on me that it was the plugin DLL, so I checked the installed plugins list, and sure enough, zero days available. So sad...

The damnedest thing though, the bridge worked from DS via the script launch, but failed on the return trip from VWD.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2016 at 3:37 AM

@Daremok : I confirm : It doesn't work for me also when coming back from VWD. Hope that we will get news from Phil soon!

I'm also interested with this XNLara topic but also with the process in blender!

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 5:59 AM ยท edited Sun, 24 July 2016 at 6:03 AM

vwd error.jpg

Since installing the new release of VWD, I'm getting the following error; I tried it once and it worked, but since rebooting comp it doesn't. I've not changed anything in VWD or the bridge folders since installing. I installed on a different machine and I get the same, although I'm using the same Daz library. Sometimes I get the error on the right as well as the left, which is why I posted here as well as in VWD bridge.

DistStudio-27-June-16 is the last time I installed the bridge; not sure if that was a new version or was because I was doing some changes to system. I'm not aware of an update since then.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 6:18 AM ยท edited Sun, 24 July 2016 at 6:20 AM

I reverted to the old bridge and VWD, and still get the same error.

I load VWD, perform the pose, and then when returning get the error in the above post.

(Incidentally, I have VWD at the root of the C drive.)

Any suggestions.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 8:56 AM

Hello Wrtiers

I have the same error (Left one) when coming back from VWD (V1.0.408.2976). I tried with Poser: VWD works well (go and back).

Like Daremok said: it's seems to be a time-out on the beta plugin for DS4.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 10:24 AM ยท edited Sun, 24 July 2016 at 10:31 AM

Smaker1 posted at 4:23PM Sun, 24 July 2016 - #4277147

Hello Wrtiers

I have the same error (Left one) when coming back from VWD (V1.0.408.2976). I tried with Poser: VWD works well (go and back).

Like Daremok said: it's seems to be a time-out on the beta plugin for DS4. Thank you for your response.

Hmmm, I've never had the beta plugin, and still occurs when I revert to the old version of VWD. But good news if the problem is known. I just can't use it atm.

Trying a reinstall from a disk image I have.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 11:13 AM

Excuse my poor english I was talking about Phil's DS4 plug-in for VWD which is in beta

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2016 at 1:57 PM

ahh my bad

philemot ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2016 at 3:41 AM

Hi to all,

I've uploaded a new beta version removing the activation policy. So, no problem to be expected from that side. I sincerely apologize to all the beta testers for forgetting about that and not being able to produce a new version a soon as it was signalled to me.

Philemo

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2016 at 3:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 26 July 2016 at 4:05 AM

no worries; beta testing is there to find all sorts of problems. :)

Incidentally, Phil, I restored windows from a disk image, and it resolved the issue, although hair simulation wouldn't work.

So I reverted to an older version of VWD.

Will see what happens now.

If the program can't find VWD, it asks us to locate it.

Is it possilbe we could have access to that path so we can manually change it? Being able to use two versions of VWD might be useful, and in this case would be. The alternative is to change the folder name, which works well enough, but just seems inelegant. :)

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2016 at 4:59 AM

re above; having to ammend the registry just to change which version of VWD to use is always a risk.

Although I made an executable registry script, which once tested takes away the worry. :) Mostly.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2016 at 5:18 AM

re post @4277128 So the hair simulation still wont work, looks like something in VWD for me. The old version of VWD works with you new script as does the old one, and not seeing any issues.

One thing I have noticed; if I close VWD with the script "still running", it takes ages to close, and locks up Daz whilst it does it. If I click on the script in Daz, that stops the script running; it doesn't take a while and lock up Daz when closing VWD after that.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2016 at 5:18 AM

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 4:44 AM

Hello Writers

Just made a test with the new beta version of Phil"s plug: all is okay right now going to VWD and coming back.

I also made a basic hair simulation without any problem (static of animation) . What hair did you used?

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 8:31 AM ยท edited Wed, 27 July 2016 at 8:33 AM

Smaker1 posted at 2:30PM Wed, 27 July 2016 - #4277466

Hello Writers

Just made a test with the new beta version of Phil"s plug: all is okay right now going to VWD and coming back.

I also made a basic hair simulation without any problem (static of animation) . What hair did you used?

I've tried it with a few different hair. Just now with G3F and Long shag hair. G2F and ToulouseHR hair; neither work and the same error.

For info: I use windows 8.0. Don't like 8.1 or 10. Have zero interest in returning to 7. :)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 9:54 AM

Here is a quick test:

G2F/belle6/Coleraine hair.

VWD version: V1.0.408.2976

DS4 version: V4.9.2.70

VWD Bridge 1.4.0.114

Win7 pro

In VWD: basic process with default options

hair test.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 2:20 PM

Where do you find the version number for the VWD bridge?

Other than the bridge, although I downloaded it yesterday, and again today to make sure, I am using the same as you list? I suspect I'm also using he same bridge.

It just seems weird that I can simulate cloth but not hair. (I've tried just with default settings.)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:03 PM

In DS4: Help/About Installed plug-in: VWD Bridge support plugin

Yes,very strange! I tried with Belle 6 and toulouse hair and I had no trouble. As it is a short hair we don't see clearly the simu but it's there!

Hair2.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:12 PM

Yes, the same version as you're using.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:19 PM

When does the error happen?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.