Tue, Sep 3, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: as soon as I saw jinksie in the MP I knew

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 5:18 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

she would make an excellent V4 child. I used lyrra's child morph turned down a bit, and mixed a bit of carly and phoebie for V4 (all here in the MP) to make this.Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 8.08.28 PM.png

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 5:19 AM

without tooning.Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 7.41.43 PM.png

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 6:01 AM

there's a small mark on the arm at extreme dialing up of child morh that i got rid of by changing to unimesh.Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 8.59.42 PM.png

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 7:08 AM

Hi Ester,

In one of the next video's I will cover the creation of teens from any Poser mesh using the Match Centers to Morph in PoserPro11.

i am running the tests as we speak, And yes, one of the requirements is weightmapped figures and clothing, but Poser can do that automatically too. LOL.

The result of this new method is a single dial, where you can turn an "aging" dial.

OR? LOL, LOL, LOL,

How to get young again and loose 50 pounds with the simple spin of a dial. LOL.

Or? ? LESS LOL.

How to get very old, very fast... :-(

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 3:29 PM

if i weight map my figure will it still be able to take certain poses eg two handed gun poses for certain guns etc? i Have a lot of those. Love esther

tonyvilters ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2016 at 3:53 PM

Poses will all continue to work Ester.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2016 at 2:23 PM

This is great!!! Love what you have done. Sorry if I haven't been on line much lately, had some computer problems but they will be ironed out soon I hope.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 4:20 AM

You know tony, I have tried weightmapped V4s in the past and always gone back to original. A lot of the clothes don't seem to look quite as good, and the elbow bend can look worse than normal. I am not sure I want to use weighmapped without the support of all the clothing makers etc. I have a lot of props and clothing for my original V4 and lyrras morph has done artistic things like thickened the neck, changed a lot of scaling of various body parts that I may not achieve by trial and error necessarily to make the scaled down V4 look child like ie it's not just a few scaling changes like a bigger head and smaller body. Her morph is a lot more complex than that. I think it looks quite good.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 4:21 AM

what I'm saying is what would be the advantage to me of using your method compared to the one I already have which is the lyrra morph?

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:28 AM

Hi Ester dear.

• When you are using a 3rd party weightmapped V4? It is normal that you get poking through the clothes..
  • You have to convert the traditional rigged conforming clothing items also into a conforming weightmapped clothing.
  • Best way to do that is to take the traditional confoming clothing through the fitting room to get the weightmapped figure rig in the clothing item.

The "Match Centers to Morph" procedure that I will show in an upcoming video allows you to create "whatever" LOL; Teen or monster, and then convert the clothing into it, semi-automatic using the fitting room.

PoserPro has soooooo many tools right now.... it is only limited by: "What will I create today". LOL.

Plus? You are not limited by a "One size fits ALL". => You get a dial to spin the "age" of the figure, and all follow automatically. (Figure AND clothing).

When the Poser PC recovers from the nasty Windows 1607 anniversary update, the video's will continue. Have a nice day down there.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:30 AM

the method Tony mentioned has this process - scale down the figure and sculpt your child/teen/whatever. Ignore the 'don't move that' rules and do whatever you like. Then when the morph is brought back to the figure you make a set of joint edits to fit the rigging to the morph and freeze it so when the morph is dialed the joints are changed. For the end user everything just works like magic. I have made a proof-of-concept faun type morph for v4, turning her entire lower body into goat legs and freezing the rerigging to match. Seemed to work fairly well, and for that sort of very transformative morph it is a useful method.

However - the drawback is that trying to match this morph in clothing is a pain in the tuchus, as the scaling is built into the morph and thus not match-able easily. This means that making clothing that fits the figure may be difficult if not impossible.

In my method I keep the morph and the scale separate, so they can be matched separately and clothing fitting is easier. With the Conform To Scale option in poser the scaling mostly sorts itself out now, and fitting the morph itself is also much easier with the morph transfer tool or the morph brush.

Its one of those tomato, tomahto things. Both methods have their merit, and best time to be used. For animals and monsters I'd use the all-in-one method. For humans splitting them out seems to be the easiest to support in conformers.

You can flip any figure over to having weight maps, or add weightmaps to an existing figure easily. But its like joint fix morphs or any other mesh deformation - if its not supported in the clothing then the clothing will still move like normal and no visible progress will have been made. At least a fix morph can be copied over to clothing via morph transfer.

For artists making mostly naked girls, the benefit is obvious. For artists rendering clothed figures, it may not be worth the bother.

LM

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:47 AM

Thanks. If i had a few more different characters to make for my comic i might be interested in tony's method, but at the moment Lyrra's morph works fine and the clothes work well. Love esther

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:50 AM

Good explanation Lyrra, you know your stuff.

Thinking about what figure to demo, I can choose Roxie or Pauline. Any preferences between the 2? (PS: I always demo with default Poser figures so all end users can follow and reproduce) And after all the video's are done, all files will go on sharecg.

Oeps, I"ll have to demo using Pauline then as Roxie is copy-right material.... Damm, i already used the Low Res figures, and I already used Pauline....

Sorry, the video will be Pauline + TaulineG + a HD Morph, + a Teen or monster (or both) LOL + hair and clothing. Just to make it complicated LOL.

But the next video will be the next in line: How NON-Poser-Pro users can still work with Full Body Morphs.

Euh, yes Lyrra and Ester. => As end users you will have to create your teen or monster morph yourself.. LOL. Piece of cake in Blender. => But you HAVE to respect the figures origin.=> I"ll show the "why" also.

Stupid Windows 1607 upgrade........... Grrrrrrrrr.................

tonyvilters ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 7:58 AM

Hey Ester? If Lyrra's tool does the job for you, please go ahead.

My demo video's show the "pure Poser Procedures" that all end users can apply. But, yes, You will have to create "your" teen yourself, and then use the PoserPro tools to get it going.

It is always good to have multiple workflows; It's the result that matters.

It's like Windows or MAC, Poser or DS, Zbrush or Blender or other....

That's => The POWER of freedom and democracy. LOL.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2016 at 7:30 PM

I'm a point and click girl. A content user rather than a content maker.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2016 at 4:36 AM

Nothing wrong with that Ester. I rarely render, but am more of a tech guy. LOL.

Poser+Blender+Cr2editor+Krita, that's it.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 2:01 AM

I spent two weeks on an image though, of an aeroplane landing just to have motion blur and a dust cloud.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.