Wed, Sep 18, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: shrink effect ?

akuei2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 9:22 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:27 PM

Hi, I'm curious.

It possible VWD do a shrink effect upon cloth to collision?

Something like, cloth is pull inside and close fitting to body.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2016 at 2:01 PM

You can use the scale parameter, There is a video tut about this by VWD (see his signature)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 4:21 PM

@akuei2 : There are two solutions to resolve your problem.

• as says Smaker1, you can use the scale parameter. I suggest you to remove the inertia to create a very soft simulation.

• you can also start a simulation using a reduced character and, perhaps, a reduced cloth. The character grows during the simulation (in 30 frames for example) until it returns to its original shape and the cloth will fit the body. You have to find the good initial shrinking for the two elements. You have to create a cloth without any rigidity and remove the gravity and the inertia from the simulation. The cloth has to be renamed if you want to reuse it in a next simulation (_VWD becomes _NEW for example).

Tell me if my explanations are not clear enough.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

akuei2 ( ) posted Fri, 02 September 2016 at 6:01 PM · edited Fri, 02 September 2016 at 6:01 PM
  1. what I know, scale parameter is suitable on static simulation, and work well on something.

2. This idea, I never thought before. Here my understanding:

eg, I make a character thin at initial ( 0 frame ), and then growing up to normal state( 30 frame ). During the time, I need disable inertia, gravity, wind and so on. Wait the body or cloth fit automatically.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 9:20 AM

Hello akeui2,

1. you can use the scale function when you want for a static or a dynamic simulation.

2. Yes, you start from a character smaller than the initial one and you define the number of frames useful for the transformation. At the end of the animation, the character must have the shape it has by default. I suggest you to make your cloth the softer as possible (0.1 for stretch and stiffness, and no other rigidification) and avoid the penetrations at the beginning of the simulation. If you try to make a "normal" simulation using these settings the cloth will behave as caoutchouc. For the simulation, you remove all the dynamic effects (Gravity, Inertia, Wind). At the end of the simulation, you can use the dynamic deformation if you want adjust the cloth. You can also make a simulation on 50 frames. You can start at 0, make the animation on 30 frames. The simulation will continue during the 20 last frames to make a better ajustement.

akuei2 ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 6:25 PM

thank for advice. I keep trying now.

janrendo ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 5:38 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to scale differently in 2 directions in one iteration of simulation?

Ie if a clothing item is too long I may want to shorten 50% but width ways only 10%.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2016 at 2:53 PM

@janrendo : In the next version, the scale could be made on one direction (XZ or Y ). If you want to apply two different scale on two different direction, you will have to apply two scales on the same part of the cloth actor.

janrendo ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2016 at 4:33 PM

Thats great thanks :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.