Wed, Sep 18, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: How to make dynamic hair and dress ?

janrendo ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 7:33 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:23 PM

Hi guys just got this and the bridge. I have a problem. I select V7 as the collision element, then a garment as the cloth item. After this VWD will not allow me to select the hair and make it dynamic. I only gives me the option to select collision element for the hair and not the hair element.

Is it possible to make both cloth and hair dynamic on the character at the same time?

agape ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:11 AM

You have to do them one at a time. You can't do them at the same time. Get Biscuits video tutorials in the freestuff.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 2:15 AM

You must do 2 simulations and in the correct "collision" order if needed (like layered clothe for example). VWD will use the result of the previous simu (as collision) for the next one.

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 3:33 AM

I will look out of the biscuits tutorials thanks.

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 6:22 AM

Here's a quick rundown. You want to load nothing in your scene except the V7 & the dress. Then sim the dress. After the dress is summed, then load the hair and sim it.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 3:03 AM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 3:03 AM

3DFineries posted at 2:59AM Mon, 12 September 2016 - #4282525

Here's a quick rundown. You want to load nothing in your scene except the V7 & the dress. Then sim the dress. After the dress is summed, then load the hair and sim it.

I don't know about Poser, but in Daz Studio you can load as many scene actors or props you want, and launch VWD then select the current cloth/hair/coliision actors for simulation from Host list.

3DFineries ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:56 AM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:57 AM

Athens way Biscuits explained it to me is that the less there is loaded in VWD, the better to reduce issues and sim time.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 9:25 AM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 9:30 AM

If you're new to cloth sim, makes sense to have an uncluttered scene.

VWD can deal with many scene objects, subject to a fast PC of course. A typical cloth sim session has multiple dynamic clothing sim iterations. I then rename each good enough sim results from blah_VWD, to blah_01_collisionON, set it to invisible and proceed to next sim. Soon I have up to 3 to 5 sim versions of the same cloth in the scene, each with 30- 60 frames of morph animation!

Another one of VWD's standard workflows is also SEQUENTIAL multi-layer sim. Say clothing layer first, then hair sim next. Then maybe scarf or blanket on top next. This means a typical character sim will have multiple objects in the scene simultaneously...

I'm really getting the hang of it and having fun...

And on the topic of clutter....

Note to self: nag at Gerald to include new function next update: Ctrl select only the scene objects required for the sim session into Host list 😁

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 1:39 PM

It is important to remember that a hair simulation don't always need to have the character and the already simulated cloth actor, both as collision actors, to create a good simulation. If the cloth actor is close to the character, It is often enough to increase the collision distance for the part of the hair that could collide with the character. This allows to have only this character as collision actor. A distance set at 0.4 to 0.8 works fine. Remember that the transparency allows to have a collision less precise.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 3:28 PM

@Mythico : excuse me, I don't understand "Ctrl select only the scene objects required for the sim session into Host list". Could you explain a bit more.

janrendo ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:26 PM · edited Mon, 12 September 2016 at 4:27 PM

I think he means CTRL select the characters/cloth/hair he needs in daz. So that he can select only the stuff he needs to simulate and for only those actively selected items in Daz to get imported into VWD when the host list button is pressed?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2016 at 7:00 PM

@Mythico, @janrendo : In Poser, Hidden objects don't appear in the list box. I have no method to know if an actor is selected or not in Daz Studio. But I can ask to philemot to forbid the importation of the invisible actors in VWD, If he can do so.

philemot ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2016 at 2:30 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:29AM Wed, 14 September 2016 - #4283289

@Mythico, @janrendo : In Poser, Hidden objects don't appear in the list box. I have no method to know if an actor is selected or not in Daz Studio. But I can ask to philemot to forbid the importation of the invisible actors in VWD, If he can do so.

Of course it can be done. Will be in next release.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.