Thu, Oct 3, 12:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Why are my Comic Book Preview light-cast shadows so jagged?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2016 at 2:08 AM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 4:03 PM

I'm using Poser 11 with the Comic Book Preview. Most of the time, the shadows on my actual figures come out very nice, but right now I've put a light behind a figure and am casting his shadow on the floor -- and as you can see in the inset -- it is very jagged along the curves. There is only one light in this scene: Infinite with a shadow map size of 4096. Likewise, I've set the Preview Resolution to 8192 (and higher), but nothing helps or even effects the outcome. Shadow blur did soften the edges, but that's not the effect I'm looking for. I've also experimented with renders from 1,000px thru 10,000px -- although the jaggies are smaller when rendered at 1,000px, they're still there. I've also played with Shadow Samples, Shadow Min. Bias, and so on. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions on how to clean this up?

I've attached a sample and screenshots of my light settings.

Renderosity_Shadow_Problem.jpg

Light_Settings.jpg

My System for this job: ASUS Essentio Desktop: Windows 10 Home, 16GB DDR3 RAM | Intel Pentium E5500 Dual Core @ 2.80GHz | GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA) 4GB (04G-P4-3962-KR) 1024 CUDA Cores

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2016 at 5:41 AM

Since your render is raster rather than vector there does tend to be a jaggie or pixelated edge based on your resolution. In your render drop down menu you can choose antialias document. This should reduce the "jaggies" when you render in preview mode. It works for me fairly well.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.