Fri, Jul 19, 2:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 17 2:29 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Grab Bag Freebie addon for something I don't own?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2016 at 9:06 AM ยท edited Tue, 09 July 2024 at 2:42 AM

Is this intended or is it just that some venders don't bother linking their required products to the appropriate items? My grab bag item was a texture addon for some stockings that are available here, but the addon product only mentions it by name in the product description, not linked into whatever database stuff you guys have set up.

For folks that actually sell addons, I tend to ignore add ons like this, since it can take a lot of work tracking down the base product. If you don't actually use the system to make it easy for your customers, then you probably are losing sales.

As for the freebie, it's no biggie. I didn't make the sale to get it, so not getting it is hardly worth fussing. But, it might piss some folks off if they were looking forward to something that was actually usable.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2016 at 9:08 AM

The ability to link to the base item was not always available to vendors. That is something we have added over the past year. So I am sure that vendor, or others did not do it to be lazy or intentional. It used to be our policy that they would put the link in the description, as that is the only way it could be done. ๐Ÿ˜„ If you tell me the ID of the item, I can manually correct that. I would be happy to do that. โ›„

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2016 at 10:41 AM

The ID is 111725. When looking through their catalog, the artist did provide links to items released immediately before and after, so it was probably just an oversight.

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2016 at 9:11 PM

I have added that as a required on the product page. Thank you for posting that for me. ๐ŸŽ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.