Thu, Sep 19, 9:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:06 am)

Subject: Genesis 3 Change Pelvis Color

flibbits ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2017 at 11:46 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Trying to make a ballet look. There are ballet outfits for Genesis, but they turn the leg/pelvis white and don't work on Genesis 3.

I can turn the legs white - to look like tights. But the pelvis is part of the torso surface, Is there a way to change the color of one part - the pelvis in this case - of a surface?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 2:43 PM

If the polygon boundaries fit with the edges you want you could select the to-be-white polygons with the Geometry Editor tool, in whole or in part, and then right-click and select Geometry Assignment>Create Surface from Selected. If you selected only some polygons initially you can select more, right-click, Geometry Assignment>Assign to Surface>Surface name. Once you have your surface, use the Surfaces pane to edit its settings.

If the boundaries don't work then another option is to create an image that is white where you want to cloth effect, black elsewhere, and then from the image assignment menu select Layered Image editor, create a new solid colour layer of the desired shade, and add the image as a mask.

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 3:10 PM

I'm checking this. Thanks for the advice.

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 7:54 PM

This works, but the surface parameters are different from the parameters shown for other, pre-existing surfaces.

Legs surface has General, Base, Metallic Flakes Weight, Top Coat, Volume, Emission, Geometry

The newly created surface has General, Diffuse, Specular, Ambient, Opacity, Bump, Displacement, Normal Maps, Reflection, Refraction, Tiling, UV Maps, Smoothing

It's, so far, not working to try to get the new surface to exactly match the existing surfaces.

Also, can the figure spin while I'm selecting? If I go to the control to spin the view, the selection is lost. So this has to be done in pieces.

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2017 at 8:40 PM

I can select everything with ctrl select. But still trying to match the new surface to the leg surface.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2017 at 9:18 AM

You need to select the figure and the surface, then (in this case) apply the Iray Uber Base shader - the shader used is listed at top-left of the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2017 at 1:54 PM

OK, I'll look into this.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2017 at 5:49 PM

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thanks.

You guys made this easy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.