Sun, Oct 6, 7:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: can you use Dynamic poser clothing in Daz 4.9?

SoulTaker ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 12:33 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:26 AM
Online Now!

so after years of using poser (since poser5) I have made the move to Daz studio ( I don't rush things) what I would like to know, Is there a way of using Dynamic poser clothing in Daz 4.9 , namely "Dynamic Sakura Kimono" thanks ahead of time

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 1:14 PM · edited Mon, 19 June 2017 at 1:17 PM

DS does not have dynamics like poser (i.e. that can use any obj), but using the Virtual World Dynamics product sold here, and the Daz Bridge for it, it is even better than what poser has, IMO. (its available for Poser as well) This module let's it use any Dynamic clothing, like the poser stuff.

Here is a youtube I made of using it. It is pretty fast, depending on the scene: https://youtu.be/1XcEKskPkEU

pappy411 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 3:01 PM · edited Mon, 19 June 2017 at 3:05 PM

Do you have a video showing dynamic cloth in zero pose, to walking for several frames,bending and sitting animation from standing to sitting? Your video shows only single frame fitting.

Pappy

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 5:41 PM · edited Mon, 19 June 2017 at 5:43 PM

Hi Spend $8 USD on this RMP product https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dyncreator-for-dazstudio/113516</https:>

It will enable you to use ANY mesh as a Dynamic cloth in Daz studio even WITHOUT buying the Daz Dynamic cloth control plugin.

I simulated this in DS before I bought the DAZ DCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4NLVxQCuo&feature=youtu.be

My website

YouTube Channel

SoulTaker ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2017 at 5:58 AM
Online Now!

thanks for all the information, DynCreator for DazStudio look a good way to go.

threedplayer ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 1:34 AM · edited Mon, 03 July 2017 at 1:36 AM

You can calculate the dynamic clothing in Poser, then export the result as .obj. Import the obj in DAZ. Apply DAZ materials and render in DAZ.

My Dynamic Clothing Store

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2017 at 12:26 PM

threedplayer posted at 6:24PM Mon, 03 July 2017 - #4309054

You can calculate the dynamic clothing in Poser, then export the result as .obj. Import the obj in DAZ. Apply DAZ materials and render in DAZ.

But you have to have a version of Poser to do that, and you are left with a static prop its better to use one of the methods described above or use Optitex dynamics and system, there is a version that comes free with DS. Personally I'm wondering if DS won't be getting a new dynamics system soon, the deal with Optitex has hopefully run its course by now.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2017 at 12:39 AM

Optitex, as far as I know, has been sold and is changing the scope and purpose of the software somewhat. It's not what it was, so not sure if Daz feels it still needs to be tied to it or not. Time will tell.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2017 at 6:20 AM

Even if Optitex were to go bust I doubt if Daz would add another dynamics engine to DS, odds are that the licence would block it, so Daz would have to remove the Optitex system from DS before adding another system, which would P off a lot of people as chances are none of the Optitex stuff would work with another system.

It's either carry on using the various hacks to use the Optitex system, or hope a 3rd party creates a built in system for DS, or use an external 3rd party system. After.jpg Caused a bit of trouble when I posted this image over at Daz a couple of years back, a conforming dress that could be draped, Optitex did their nut when they found out lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.