Fri, Jul 12, 3:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: A long, overdue Farewell from William_the_Bloody, aka Darth_Logice...

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 4:20 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

I finally did it, after almost 20 years...I totally uninstalled Poser/Daz3d/3dsMax and other related apps and deleted content, both personal, cherished mods and stock.

Even though I have not really dabbled in this stuff in the last 10 years, I have always kept my eye on the marketplace to see what's new and looking for the next thing to lure me back in. It just hasn't.

So if anyone is still around who remembers me from so long ago, thanks for the community and support over the years and I wish you all the best.

Sincerely, WTB once known as Darth_Logice but folks call me Greg.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 4:52 PM

I wish the you best, and we will miss you!!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 4:54 PM

I do remember you, and I know how you feel. I am still here and am very particular on the items I need, and this place still has a lot for me content wise. Wishing you the best. You may not even remember me, lol.

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 5:09 PM

Of course I remember SAMS3D :) It's not the place or the endless frustration and glass ceiling of the software(s) or the "Doesn't look much different than what we were doing 10 years ago" renders...it's that I've simply moved on to Photography as my Hobby of choice, with a second in music should I find that kind of time.

I've dabbled posting in the Photography gallery but it's not really the reason of the season 'round here.

The reason I have to say "Farewell" is because I'm going to delete my shortcuts/bookmarks to the various 3d sites and stop checking every day. It's a ritual I need to purge.

Anyway, I blather on...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 7:39 PM

All the best in your future ventures.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 7:57 PM

Yes I totally understand, good luck in all future endeavors! Happy holidays too.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 8:35 PM

Best of luck in all your endeavors.

movida ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 10:29 PM

I remember you. I hope you're playing with film photography also, it's a gas. Good luck in all you do.

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2017 at 11:37 PM

I remember the moniker. All the best.

Eternal Hobbyist

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2017 at 7:57 AM

I had wondered what happened to you, Bloody Bill. Glad to hear that you are well. 😸 Take Care...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Kazam561 ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2017 at 11:58 AM

I wish you the best future. I understand this and have other friends who are at this same point of thinking. I think with everything, sometimes either stepping away, or changing creative outlets can be helpful. There was a time when I wrote and had stories that had been in consideration for a tv project, as well as a story that got some praise and feedback from George R. Martin (he's amazingly nice btw). It was early in his career. At the time, I just lost the drive to continue writing and moved into dabbling into 3d art. I never thought myself good at any of these (always considered myself at hobby levels at best) but looking back, there was a time when I held contracts in my hand (before the show got cancelled about a week later... lol ).

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2017 at 4:05 PM

Give it three or four decades... and you'll be back!

regards
prixat

DustRider ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2017 at 12:04 AM

Sorry to see you go, but it sounds like a great new chapter in your life. Gods speed and take care!

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2017 at 4:49 AM

I’m still cherishing your Pose Magic Pro.

New exiting times up ahead for Poser users though, we looking forward to a new figure, I’m sad to see you go.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

pitklad ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 8:53 AM

I wish you to get great joy from your new hobbies! I'm walking the line of doing the same thing for a long time now, but poser is pretty addictive...

My FreeStuff

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 3:51 PM

Take care and, never forget your Poser time, it was a great experience for you and us.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

scanmead ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2017 at 6:48 AM

Remembering both Greg and Sam, even though I hung out mostly in Cinema4D. It was the expense that slayed scanmead, but I've moved back to my roots in graphite and am tackling colored pencil now.

I'll raise a glass to old friends for the both of you, wishing you a peaceful holiday, and a new year of hope and joy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.