Sun, Oct 6, 6:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: From Smith Micro -- Poser is not dead

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 4:13 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:39 PM

Paul and Pauline Never Looked So Good

Poser is not dead. It’s not even on life support. Stay tuned for some exciting news.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

dlfurman ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 4:48 PM

Heh. I never thought it was, but this is cool to hear.

More Toys to play with :)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 5:09 PM

Groovy!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 5:10 PM

Just got the email now. On the one hand I want to get excited but on the other, if the only thing "big" about this announcement is an updated Paul & Pauline ...

:crosses fingers: Hopes & prays for some really BIG Poser progress.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 6:56 PM

Just got this too. Am hoping to see more news!

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2017 at 9:32 PM

Poser is fine. Can't say the same for Smith-Micro's customer service right now.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 12:07 AM

ha ha ha !!

Eternal Hobbyist

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 2:31 AM

I just get a vision of Tumblweed for some reason..... :/

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 6:38 AM

We will see how serious SM is taking care of their figures, when we have P&PV2 in our runtimes. I am sceptical about this. Now that ProjectE is on the way, I am even more sceptical, because PE shows, what is possible and what have should have been done by SM before. But we'll see, what they will look like.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 8:48 AM · edited Sat, 09 December 2017 at 8:51 AM
Forum Coordinator

It is a step by step process, and good to see SM makes its own steps. With reard to support afterward maybe they learned from the past. We will see.

Timing? ProjectE has been on the way quite a while and signs of release are only pretty recent and un-confirmed. Also Bella is around also in Beta version but slow progress. Both are the work of one-man bands.

It can be expected P&PV2 will be merchant resources just like the original figures are, so intended aalso to be a starting point of development. That puts different requirements to a figure. If promises come through, I think we will have the best figures for the respective purposes.

drafter69 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 12:46 PM

An upgrade for Paul and Pauline???? Are you joking? Two of the most pathetic characters who, if you notice, no one seems to ever use. Come up with someone like Michael 8 or Victoria 8 and then I'll take you serious.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 2:02 PM

Honestly I see more G3 use than M8, V8, or G8.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 6:08 PM
Site Admin

Drafter, you don't look around, much. I use both Pauline and Paul and post in the gallery. Perhaps once morphed they don't look so different from the V.s and M.s.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

erogenesis ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 8:06 PM

FVerbaas posted at 4:05AM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319770

Timing? ProjectE has been on the way quite a while and signs of release are only pretty recent and un-confirmed.

Oh its coming out at Xmas come hell or high water. I just haven't had the time to announce it properly yet 😁

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 9:23 PM · edited Sat, 09 December 2017 at 9:24 PM

RedPhantom posted at 7:22PM Sat, 09 December 2017 - #4319809

Drafter, you don't look around, much. I use both Pauline and Paul and post in the gallery. Perhaps once morphed they don't look so different from the V.s and M.s.

And it's posts like his that start flame wars and get the thread locked.

I use Pauline quite bit too. I just started working with Paul. Most of my work is in threads, though. I removed my gallery from here a long time ago.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 9:24 PM

erogenesis posted at 7:24PM Sat, 09 December 2017 - #4319814

Timing? ProjectE has been on the way quite a while and signs of release are only pretty recent and un-confirmed.

Oh its coming out at Xmas come hell or high water. I just haven't had the time to announce it properly yet 😁

Just don't rush anything, ero!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

erogenesis ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 10:15 PM

rokket posted at 6:08AM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319819

erogenesis posted at 7:24PM Sat, 09 December 2017 - #4319814

Just don't rush anything, ero!

hehehe don't worry, she's pretty ok now. After three years its maybe time to rush things a little bit eh? 😁 I'll eat my shorts if people cannot make art with her by now lol

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2017 at 10:56 PM

Now How am I suppose to get the video of erogenesis eating his shorts out of my head. 🕷🕸🕷🕸🕷

Not to be mean or to start a flame war or any thing but Poser can be very helpful with making your own characters .They have a selections of characters to modifi if you can't make your own out of a cube like erogenesis n his shorts.anyone with very little skills can make out fits.but some want it all out of the box ,There's always been another company for that. Poser is Poser not who ever if you want Max, Z, or who ever ,How is that Posers concern.I'll never get why you would want the same girl every one else has.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

drafter69 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 11:05 AM

rokket posted at 11:04AM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319818

I use Pauline quite bit too. I just started working with Paul. Most of my work is in threads, though. I removed my gallery from here a long time ago.

Outside of this "gallery" I see very little of their use. I am not interested in having a pissing war with poser fans but to suggest that Paul and Pauline are great characters it seems we have a very different concept of "great"

drafter69 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 11:07 AM

Kazam561 posted at 11:06AM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319794

Honestly I see more G3 use than M8, V8, or G8.

The G3 characters are fantastic and I use them a lot as well

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 12:30 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

We all know Betty's the best cartoon ,Come on she cooks ,cleans n irons ,I mean really how can you beat that.

betty.jpg

ypvs ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 1:22 PM · edited Sun, 10 December 2017 at 1:29 PM

RorrKonn posted at 7:19PM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319864

We all know Betty's the best cartoon ,Come on she cooks ,cleans n irons ,I mean really how can you beat that.

How could you forget that great singing voice?? 'Boop-Oop-A-Doop!'

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

drafter69 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 1:36 PM

I loved the old Betty Boop cartoons. She had just the right amount of naughtiness

erogenesis ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 3:34 PM · edited Sun, 10 December 2017 at 3:35 PM

Lali is naughtier!

lali_caught_eating_a_greasy_pizza_by_erogenesis_art-d7fucxz.jpg

(btw that's a v4 from 2013, I'm not plugging pe here)

@Rorrkonn: I'm already preparing some seasoning for my shorts lol

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 3:50 PM

The announcement says UpGRADE, not UpDATE, so is it just new figures, or Poser 12?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 11:29 PM

I'm thinking just new versions of Paul and Pauline. I haven't heard anything about Poser 12 coming out . . . yet.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 11:44 PM

drafter69 posted at 9:42PM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319852

rokket posted at 11:04AM Sun, 10 December 2017 - #4319818

Outside of this "gallery" I see very little of their use. I am not interested in having a pissing war with poser fans but to suggest that Paul and Pauline are great characters it seems we have a very different concept of "great"

I don't want a pissing contest either. To me it's like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time and annoys the pig.

But I never stated they were great, only that I use them a lot. Well, I use Pauline a lot. I also use V4, Roxie, Miki 4 and Sydney a lot. I was all Dawn for several months. The male characters I use sometimes, but mostly I like working with the females. And I have only had V4 for a couple years.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2017 at 11:45 PM

And I never got the announcement either. Only heard it second hand.

So we wait with baited breath, eh?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 2:16 AM

DAZ basically gave Dawn the Poser thrown ,She was poised to be the new Poser Queen.

erogenesis .I would seriously ask my self why Dawn didn't become the new Queen and what went wrong .The answer holds the keys to E's success or failure.

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 6:06 AM

RorrKonn posted at 1:22PM Mon, 11 December 2017 - #4319899

erogenesis .I would seriously ask my self why Dawn didn't become the new Queen and what went wrong .The answer holds the keys to E's success or failure.

Trust me I have. I was also one of the crowd when that whole show went down lol, along with my art buddies. You could almost say that PE was a direct response to that time. I don't wanna go into too much detail yet, but there's so many ways to look at this. I went with my instincts on this one, more-or-less focusing on a dream character for me and my buddies. Let's hope it works for many others too.

drafter69 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 1:09 PM

Dawn and Dusk are both very high quality characters... They are easy to work with and (most importantly) they look good.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 2:31 PM

The announcement says UpGRADE, not UpDATE, so is it just new figures, or Poser 12?

Maybe some day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsREgi9sILg&feature=youtu.be

My website

YouTube Channel

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 2:52 PM · edited Mon, 11 December 2017 at 2:56 PM

Not just Paul & Pauline apparently, it's Poser 11.1, coming later this month. http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-11.1.html

Question now is can I scrounge up enough cash for an upgrade to the Pro version while it's still on offer at $49 US? I've been a (mostly) good little Byrdie, dear Santa, and besides it's my birthday in another 11 days.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:05 PM

Byrdie posted at 3:03PM Mon, 11 December 2017 - #4319937

Not just Paul & Pauline apparently, it's Poser 11.1, coming later this month. http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-11.1.html

Question now is can I scrounge up enough cash for an upgrade to the Pro version while it's still on offer at $49 US? I've been a (mostly) good little Byrdie, dear Santa, and besides it's my birthday in another 11 days.

wow..i missed that Poser Pro 11 for $49 .... wow .. as much as I'm broke I should grab it while its hot.... thats the lowest I've ever seen the pro upgrade. Whats interesting, they.re selling Poser 11 for $49 as well ...

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:18 PM

Yeah, they say if you have Poser 11 already, which I do, you'll get 11.1 free when it's ready. Going to Pro will cost me around $65 Canadian, $79 if I pay the "download access for 2 years" fee. And I do believe that offer ends tomorrow, Dec. 12, so not much time to decide.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:23 PM

I'm seriously annoyed now. I saw the $49.95 offer and figured it was low enough to warrant upgrading. After finally getting through all the bloody nested scripts on their website, I get a price of 55 Euros. No. Just no. In my local currency that makes the price jump from 418 to 543. Not funny. I even tried American proxy to get the price in dollar. No go. I'm a sad panda right now :(

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 3:42 PM

11.1 update ... the thing about animation being able to follow a path .. doesn't Poser do that already since several versions back? I dont do animations much, but I remember drawing a path and the character followed it ... animated as it went..walking, running, or whatever ...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 4:48 PM
Site Admin

perhaps it's an improved path.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 5:43 PM

drafter69 posted at 6:32PM Mon, 11 December 2017 - #4319928

Dawn and Dusk are both very high quality characters... They are easy to work with and (most importantly) they look good.

I think there great characters also. I really expected Dawn to take the Poser thrown and to be Vicky's predecessor. But I think Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a killer video also.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 5:49 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 6:43PM Mon, 11 December 2017 - #4319941

I'm seriously annoyed now. I saw the $49.95 offer and figured it was low enough to warrant upgrading. After finally getting through all the bloody nested scripts on their website, I get a price of 55 Euros. No. Just no. In my local currency that makes the price jump from 418 to 543. Not funny. I even tried American proxy to get the price in dollar. No go. I'm a sad panda right now :(

Sounds like EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 game

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 6:17 PM · edited Mon, 11 December 2017 at 6:27 PM

Well, I just paid €51 (= $60) for my upgrade. It's the additional V.A.T. tax that Fastspring collects for them. It's annoying, but it's still a good deal.

I doubt I have much use for P&P as standalone figures , but the (new) heads at least look good enough that I might spend the time constructing M4Lod/Paul and V4Lod/Pauline hybrids, based on my weightmappd LoRez M4/V4: Weightmapped M4LOD

(OMG, is it four years already that I made those?)

(I'm working on an M4LOD/M3RR hybrid right now) M3M4Lo-LookMa.jpg

M3M4Lo-LookMa2.jpg

I just installed Poser 11 Pro, and so far everything looks good. Positively no need for "Supafly", at least not on this slow a** i5 laptop. Maybe when I get my i7. But the "high rez morphs" capeable morphbrush might turn out useful on some of my low-rez LOD figures.

Looks like SM got rid of the extrnal library and "Air". Good! Love the fact that I can edit the font size directly from inside Poser.

Will have to do some poser.ini changes now to rally feel "at home" again. Lol.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 10:50 PM

JoePublic I said it before and I'll say it again .Poser would do well to higher you to make ALL there rigs .

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2017 at 10:52 PM

RorrKonn posted at 9:50PM Mon, 11 December 2017 - #4319899

DAZ basically gave Dawn the Poser thrown ,She was poised to be the new Poser Queen.

I can answer that.

Because rather than give us a complete morph set, Chris decided to work on that flippin' horse instead. Once you get the full morph package, you can do quite a bit with her.

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 5:31 AM · edited Tue, 12 December 2017 at 5:43 AM

I didn't adopt Dawn as my new Poser go-to figure because her mesh lacked built in muscularity. That means that any extra detail had to be faked via displacement maps or HD morphs. Which are both not easy to create without professional tools.

OTOH, when you use a figure with built in muscularity topology, then great detail is just a morph away. These are M2 and Stephanie 1, which are both the exact same mesh:

M2 Freak vs Stephanie I.jpg

That's why Dawn ultimately failed with me: Even though I tried to fix her as good as I could:

Dawn to Danielle

Danielle Sit.jpg

But in the end I realized I never would be able to do the things with her I can do with a mesh like V3:

demo ladys.jpg

Anastazie vs Josefina-1.jpg

Barbie-vs Josefina.jpg

(Yes, these are all V3, sculpted right inside Poser using magnets and the morph brush only)

(And yeah, I do know that Dawn can morph into a horse. But I have to admit, that's a talent I rarely need for my work)

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 9:04 AM

Perhaps Dawn's biggest handicap is that she just isn't a goer. (Know whatahmean, nudge nudge?)

Crotch mesh topology shots of V3(Top), V4(Middle) and Dawn (Bottom):

Crotch Shots.jpg

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 11:17 AM

I do believe that's deliberate when it comes to Dawn. She and Dusk aren't supposed to have anything remotely resembling genitals. Ever. And while I don't do a lot of bippy shots, on the occasion that I do render a nude the missing parts would be very obvious.

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 11:46 AM

For nude Dawn renders that don't go to the level of a gynaecological examination you could always try this

https://www.sharecg.com/v/71103/browse/11/Poser/Cameltoe-and-Nipple-morphs-for-Dawn

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 6:03 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2017 at 6:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

you can buy Dawns Anatomical Elements at the "!@@#$^^&%" store.

v3 topology is a nightmare.if you SubDed it ,I doubt .That's the problem High poly count meshes n Vector maps.Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

One version of Diamond has Anatomical Elements but it's a topology nightmare you need a lot of topology in a small space n there's not a lot of topology from the surrounding body.Then you end up with a lot of quaded tri's that's not the smoothest topology. When you go to model humans you realize polygons are a nightmare n flawed at the core n why SubDed quad every thing is the dumbest stunt CGI has ever pulled.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2017 at 8:40 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2017 at 8:47 PM

wolf359 posted at 9:38PM Tue, 12 December 2017 - #4319935

Maybe some day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsREgi9sILg&feature=youtu.be

Cool, but sadly not Poser; that video was of 'EVE Incursion character creator test build 202056' nicked from here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5i_mgF7Vas

With Apologies to Longfellow:

" Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: 'Poser is not dead, nor doth It sleep; The Wrong shall fail, The Right prevail, With peace on earth, good-will to men.'"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

moogal ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2017 at 12:57 PM

erogenesis posted at 1:52PM Sun, 17 December 2017 - #4319814

Ero, I’m a huge fan of your work and I find the overall quality and real world believability a huge inspiration. The impending release of your figure was my primary motivation to finally upgrade to the current version of Poser last week. I sincerely hope that the powers that be duly note your contributions to the community.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.