Mon, Oct 21, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Windows 10... I certainly have a bone to pick now!

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2017 at 7:04 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:07 AM

I have been using Microsoft Windows since the mid 90s and have never had a problem with there products till yesterday. I certainly have a bone to pick now.

I up graded from Windows 7 to 10 when they made the free upgrade available to the general population. Knowing, I would have a few hiccups with drivers etc. -- every thing went ok I had to make a few adjustments. Till now have had no real issues with any of my older applications and everything was working well.

On December 15th Window 10 had a major automatic update to my system. Well... after the reboot and Windows updating my system. I have now a total of 6 of my 3D applications not working properly (Daz 4,Hexagon 2.5, Poser 6, Vue 8, Mesh Lab, SketchUp, and Converter X). Each application comes up, but the 3D environment or scene window is completely white and blank. When I load-up or bring in a file, the object (model) is loaded and you can see it in the object hierarchy window(s). But there is still nothing showing up in your scene window. I have installed some of my drivers again, and also some of the applications, but get the same result.

Has anyone else had this issue with their 3D applications, or is just me?

prixat ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2017 at 7:50 AM

Hi It sounds like the update broke the video card driver.

Unfortunately, 'Windows 10 breaking graphics drivers' has become a common topic in the DAZ forums.

Try going direct to your Video card manufacturer and download the latest driver and re-install it. You should re-install it even if windows tells you it has the latest.

regards
prixat

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2017 at 10:31 AM

I seconded the advice. I too experienced that. Tried updating it from within the device manager and that didn't help. Only re-installing the Video Drivers did the trick! GGRRRR!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 1:52 PM

I never "upgraded" my production machine to Windows 10. I didn't see any reason to. I see even less now. The laptops I've got on 10. shrug Frankly I still like 7 better.

hindudreams ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2017 at 10:29 PM

im stickin with 7. no intention to go to 10 until i make a customize win10 version of my own without all the crap :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.