Mon, Sep 9, 8:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Superfly skin shader

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 6:21 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:44 PM

Right, to start, I'm on and off here so don't get that much time to play around inside poser, but one of my issues is poser 11 doesn't come with a fantastic superfly skin material, and I have been fiddling about with the settings and frankly I'm not that impressed. I've even gone to the lengths of downloading characters (buying) to see how they do it and it feels like its pretty much what I have been doing. So I ask all you poserites, (if you don't mind) can you share your shader setups with the community so that perhaps me and others can produce fantastic skin. Cheer and merry Christmas and a happy new year

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

raven ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 8:04 AM

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

That's pretty much all I do to Superfly skins :)

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 8:07 AM

Snarly Gribbly (many, many thanks) has made a wonderful free skin shader tool called Ezskin. It's here on his website. There are some threads here about it, along with some posted renders so you can see it.

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

Here's a page by Jurn talking about it and how to use it

http://www.jurn.org/dazposer/?p=5270

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 8:08 AM

raven posted at 8:07AM Fri, 29 December 2017 - #4321177

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

That's pretty much all I do to Superfly skins :)

Beat me to it while I was typing :D

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 8:37 AM

Just remember it's EZskin3 that has the superfly shaders in it ... and check out SM's Graphic forums for an add-on by bopperthijs here The only downside of the add-on is that the textures don't show in preview but the enhancements are fantastic when rendered. As always make sure your settings are high and be willing to wait for the render, well worth it.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

ironsoul ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 3:45 PM · edited Fri, 29 December 2017 at 3:48 PM

Physical root node, requires two layers so double the work but I find it more flexible

Base Layer - SSS
image.png

Layer_1 - detail layer
image.png

The transparency value works like a blend/mix node Note bump setting needs care, start at zero and add in small increments until you get the detail appropriate for the viewing distance.

Don't take the roughness and Scatter values shown above as intending to be accurate, just tweek these to suit.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 5:19 PM

Great alternative! There is always more than one way to do things in Poser! 😉

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2017 at 11:21 PM

I agree. I'm definitely going to have to try it out. Thanks for posting this alternative Ironsoul.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2018 at 10:17 PM

Ezskin is brilliant,thank you call for the advice and help,oh and happy New year to you all.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.