Wed, Sep 18, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: M4 Business Suit Light Reflecting

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2018 at 7:09 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

The images below show the suit (to be used for Obama and Trump) as it is in the window and rendered with basic opengl and as it looks rendered with iray (with the light reflections off the suit).

What could be making that happen? I've tried changing values like reflection, velvet, etc. Nothing makes the light reflection go away.

Any ideas?

IRAY https://imgur.com/a/giB4J

Window https://imgur.com/a/ug8Qc

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2018 at 9:34 AM

Have you tried applying the Iray Uber Base Shader to the suit first, then it may be easier to see what you are doing as you adjust values (otherwise you make adjustments and then have to see how they are converted to Iray at render time).

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2018 at 1:53 PM

I'll have to figure out how to apply that shader.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2018 at 2:32 PM

Select the surfaces of the suit (the quick way is to select the figure, then in the Surfaces pane's Editor tab click its name0 then find the shader preset (in the presets tab of the Surfaces pane look under Shaders>Iray for Iray Uber Base) and double-click.

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2018 at 10:58 AM · edited Sun, 21 January 2018 at 11:02 AM

Thanks, I was able to apply iRay Uber. Setting glossy reflectivity to 0 fixed the issue. Now I just need a Trump hair.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.