Mon, Oct 21, 11:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Why can renderosity artist not put metadata in their products?

sheep123 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 6:14 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 1:10 AM

On every single renderosity item I ever bought for DAZ3D I have to categorize it myself into the smart content, tag it as a wardrobe for example etc. etc. Why can renderosity artist not do that, while DAZ3D artists can? When I buy a product from DAZ3D and even install it manually and then reinport the metadata it works, with renderosity stuff not.

Or am I doing something wrong here and there is an easier way to install it to DAZ3D?

Razor42 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 6:28 PM · edited Mon, 12 February 2018 at 6:33 PM

There is no reason any Daz Studio content creator cannot add metadata to their products. Though the process can be fairly complex when first learning it. I suspect most vendors either don't want to spend the time or don't see the need for it, as not everyone sees smart content as a step forward. Personally I am a fan of Smart content also, when used side by side with the regular content library it's an intuitive way to find content for a scene.

There is an official tut available here for creating Metadata: Adding Metadata to Products

A video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69uIKMZ7zZk

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2018 at 10:38 AM · edited Fri, 16 February 2018 at 10:41 AM

Razor42 posted at 11:34AM Fri, 16 February 2018 - #4324268

There is no reason any Daz Studio content creator cannot add metadata to their products. Though the process can be fairly complex when first learning it. I suspect most vendors either don't want to spend the time or don't see the need for it, as not everyone sees smart content as a step forward.

There is a matter of standards... everyone putting stuff into smart content, it quickly becomes dumb content. Personally I rather work on my product, than try to lean a complex product that everyone has a disagreement of where something should go. That's a headache that's best left to the stores to handle, NOT the vendors. The store would be better equipped to say how they want content organized. Vendors have enough work on their plate, let's not ask them do something that the store may want to pursue.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2018 at 1:47 PM

There is that. Personally I don't use smart content, but I spend enough time putting items where they make sense even in the directory structure that I would shudder at the thought of vendors who don't quite understand the system deciding where their content goes in the smart content system.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.