Wed, Sep 18, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Patreon for VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2018 at 3:28 PM

Hello Kwan, I know you are a student and I also know students are often not very rich. So, please, do not spend your money for me. When you will have a job with large incomes AND if you still use VWD then, you can send something to me.

In some days, I will start the rewriting of the documentation to explain all the new functions included in the latest version. I also have some ideas to simplify the use of VWD using presets.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2018 at 11:05 AM

I got a question. How is it possible to nail a ponytail to the actor? When I use fixed vertices or "animated by host" it just nails it to the same place but doesn't follow body motion. The tutorial you uploaded on youtube was just static.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2018 at 3:24 PM

Hello Surody,

I made some videos showing animations made on a ponytail. I made them using the direct communication with Daz Studio with the scripts I wrote. I will make a test to see if the "Animated by host" function works correctly with the bridge.

Surody ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2018 at 6:41 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:41AM Thu, 18 October 2018 - #4337835

Hello Surody,

I made some videos showing animations made on a ponytail. I made them using the direct communication with Daz Studio with the scripts I wrote. I will make a test to see if the "Animated by host" function works correctly with the bridge.

If it's possible to use the bridge for ponytails I would appreciate a short guide how to fixate the ponytail to the body of the actor. Thanks in advance!

stger ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 1:11 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 October 2018 at 1:12 AM

Hey VirtualWorld,

Surody drew my attention to you. I had VWD since some time in my Wishlist, but never bought it because I wasn't sure if there's a benefit to dForce. Surody said yes and recommenced me to get the BETA version. Well to be honest, I will not have time to spend the next one to two month spend into this product, after I'm currently very busy with a project. But I read this thread and wants to share my thoughts with you.

I think going to DAZ is a good idea.

There are some Product's wich published multiple main versions of the same product as separate products to finance the development costs. There is e.g. Terra Dom which is currently on version 3:

https://www.daz3d.com/terradome-3-iray

And for each version are tons of add-ons.

Or Ultra Scatter (https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascatter-advanced-instancing-for-daz-studio) which will get soon a version 2 - Ultra Scatter Pro:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/264256/ultrascatterpro-sneak-peek-commercial/p1

My recommendation would be to release VWD on DAZ and add new major features via major versions of the product which are separate sold (DAZ can owners of the previous versions for some time discounts) or add new features as paid add-ons. Additionally you can sell for VWD optimized clothes and hair products.

As far as I know female clothes sell much better than male clothes, but a lot of people (like me) cry for more male clothes. My main purpose for an app like VWD would be baggy male clothes on females. I think this is a gap in the market. Just do some male shirts, jeans, jackets,... which includes a male AN a female version and some morphs to make same baggy/oversized. You could use this clothes for scenes where e.g. the girlfriend steals the boyfriends clothes.

There are some clothes which goes in this direction, but there are only for female and ALWAYS baggy:

https://www.daz3d.com/boyfriend-t-shirt-wet-and-dry-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/boyfriend-shirt-megapack/113797/

On this caption I did a baggy shirt, jeans and socks with dForce: https://www.deviantart.com/stger2/art/Litte-Sister-TG-Caption-764045585 Was a hell of work. ;)

What do you think?

yvesab ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 10:33 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:15AM Fri, 19 October 2018 - #4336947

For now, I spoke with Brian Howell who seems interested by VWD. But I have to write a new documentation and try to simplify the use of the program. This could be interesting.

good evening Gerald, From my point of view, Howell requesting for a new documentation for VWD is hilarious : to my knowledge there is strictly NO proper documentation for Daz Studio ! That said, it's possibly for you the best deal : they will pay you, expectedly well for VWD, provided you're good at selling yourself (which I doubt ..) then it will go the same way Carrara or Hexagon did. Strictly no developement then sold at a rebate and afterward it will become an approximate freebie that you can download with DazStudio. Same way,I suppose that DazStudio will be free as long as there's a comunnity willing to pay for Poser. I'm thinking there's an unbelievable cultural gap between those Mormons and the french culture, just my opinion ... What about trying to develop a bridge for big 3D apps, the market seems much more open and people using these programs will not balk at the interface of VWD. Yves

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 3:35 PM

@Surody: I made some tests and I only managed to use the "Animated to Host" function with my scripts. I can give you the reason of this problem. In Poser and with the Bridge, the mesh of the dynamic element is modified during the importation so it is no possible to read the original vertices. With my scripts, the mesh stays the same during the importation. Have you tried these scripts? They are not perfect but they work well in many cases. Do you want I do a tutorial for Ponytails using my scripts?

@stger: For me, Dforce and VWD are two different programs. I tried to create a simulator which would be able to animate anything. This aim is not fully achieved yet. For me, Dforce is a chance because it allowed the creation of many dynamic clothes which work fine with VWD. However, I want to create some dynamic clothes and try to find the best meshing method for the program. I also want to add functions which will allow to modify clothes in VWD. Some functions like the modification of the springs length allow to modify clothes. Concerning Daz3D, I am in balance because I have no competency in commercial domain. If I had to give me a note for that, between 1 and 10, I would give me 1e-1000 :-) I like your image and your shirt. It would be interesting to try to modify it to make it less baggy... If you want.

@yvesab: I see we have the same opinion about Daz3D and its interest in the democratization of consumer 3D. For me, Daz would be an opportunity to sell more (not difficult for now). This would not be to become very rich but just to compensate my time for the program development. You are absolutely right about big 3D apps, but my main problem WAS time. I am now more FREE and I want to study all the extensions I could like to give to the program.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2018 at 6:29 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:28PM Fri, 19 October 2018 - #4337930

@Surody: I made some tests and I only managed to use the "Animated to Host" function with my scripts. I can give you the reason of this problem. In Poser and with the Bridge, the mesh of the dynamic element is modified during the importation so it is no possible to read the original vertices. With my scripts, the mesh stays the same during the importation. Have you tried these scripts? They are not perfect but they work well in many cases. Do you want I do a tutorial for Ponytails using my scripts?

A small tutorial how to use ponytails for animated actors would be very appreciated!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2018 at 10:39 AM

Tomorrow, I will do a small tutorial with Linda PonyTail and the scripts for Daz Studio. Next week, I start the rewriting of the documentation.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 10:46 AM

I saw the video upload on youtube, thank you! Gonna look into it later today when I'm done with working.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2018 at 10:54 AM

I made two videos. The first one is a simple tutorial showing how to use basically the "Animated by Host" function. The second one shows how to accelerate the simulations when you want to make several tests on the same character and the same dynamic element.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2018 at 6:55 AM

The version I have seems to be extremely slow with the direct communication using the scripts. I used 150 frames as first test and it took forever to transfer that animation with the script to Daz. I stopped it after like 20 minutes because it seemed endless. Also the transfer doesn't seem to be linear, it skips frames back and forward. Sometimes it transfers frame 35 then it jumps to 111 and so on, just as an example. The same method seems to work with the bridge though.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2018 at 1:49 PM

Hello Surody,

I am not sure to understand perfectly your issues. Yes, the importation showed in the second tutorial is very slow and YES, you can use the bridge to generate the VWD file for the hair. When you speak about the jumps, don't you speak about the playing of the resulting animation in Daz Studio using the script in the "Daz Animations" folder? In Daz Studio, I always use the "Show all frames" function to show precisely the animation.

I know I have to accelerate this function but I don't understand why the transfer took more than 20 minutes for 150 frrames. Could you tell me for what cloth or hair? In the tutorial I used a base resolution for the hair. If I remember correctly, to original mesh had 600.000 vertices. Impossible to simulate it in the program.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2018 at 12:55 PM

I have to test it little bit more. I got another question though. Which setting does influence how much weight something has. I feel like especially during fast animations the hair is moving way too much.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2018 at 3:05 PM

Hello Surody,

For me, the weight of a dynamic element is defined by the gravity. The weight defined in the interface is interesting if you want to have modify a node weight on a part of a dynamic element. In this case, the nodes with a higher weight will influence more the low weight nodes.

Please, When you say the hair moves too fast, could you precise the default you have.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2018 at 4:25 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:24PM Wed, 24 October 2018 - #4338162

Hello Surody,

For me, the weight of a dynamic element is defined by the gravity. The weight defined in the interface is interesting if you want to have modify a node weight on a part of a dynamic element. In this case, the nodes with a higher weight will influence more the low weight nodes.

Please, When you say the hair moves too fast, could you precise the default you have.

Not 100% sure what you mean with "default" but I used this tutorials hair settings: https://youtu.be/ibXgTIWCoso?t=309

for this hair: https://www.daz3d.com/alice-wet-and-dry-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2018 at 3:00 PM

Hello Surody,

Excuse me, I often do this mistake. Please, remove the "de".

If you reproduce a wet hair, You can add some soft "Nails to collision" to the whole hair. A value between 0.5 and 1 for the softness seems correct. I will do some tests.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2018 at 6:01 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:00AM Sat, 27 October 2018 - #4338274

Hello Surody,

Excuse me, I often do this mistake. Please, remove the "de".

If you reproduce a wet hair, You can add some soft "Nails to collision" to the whole hair. A value between 0.5 and 1 for the softness seems correct. I will do some tests.

I tried lowering the softness. It seems to work pretty well. The hair sticks together much more with it like it should in terms of realistic behaviour.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2018 at 2:57 PM

Hello Surody,

I am happy the behaviour of the hair seems you realistic.

I started to work on the documentation. I would like to explain it is possible to simulate everything in VWD. But it is difficult to explain that. I certainly will open a new thread on this subject to have some help from the users.

Surody, I definitively stop my project to sell VWD on Daz3D. (no shared sale possible). Biscuits and you convinced me to start the Patreon project as soon as possible.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2018 at 6:39 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:35PM Sun, 28 October 2018 - #4338364

Hello Surody,

I am happy the behaviour of the hair seems you realistic.

I started to work on the documentation. I would like to explain it is possible to simulate everything in VWD. But it is difficult to explain that. I certainly will open a new thread on this subject to have some help from the users.

Surody, I definitively stop my project to sell VWD on Daz3D. (no shared sale possible). Biscuits and you convinced me to start the Patreon project as soon as possible.

If you need help with your Patreon feel free to ask for advice. I'm not a english native, so I'm probably not the best person for helping you with formulating a documentation without some mistakes. By the way, is the soft body feature still on your plan? I saw on the Daz Forum that one guy is working on something which let's you apply soft body to breasts, glutes and thighs. He didn't show anything, so all I can do is trusting his words.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2018 at 11:41 AM

Just a small information on the program development. I just wrote the "Nails to collision" function on the 5 collision actors. This can help to create new dynamic behaviors.

I will make a new version which will include this functionality and correct a problem in the dynamic morphs.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2018 at 12:28 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:28PM Sat, 03 November 2018 - #4338888

Just a small information on the program development. I just wrote the "Nails to collision" function on the 5 collision actors. This can help to create new dynamic behaviors.

I will make a new version which will include this functionality and correct a problem in the dynamic morphs.

Yes, the dynamic morph function doesn't work correctly in the latest version you gave me. The presets don't work at all for example.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2018 at 2:12 PM

Hello Sudory,

You have right the Dynamic morphs did not work correctly because I made a modification to extend this function to any part of the body. Now, this function seems to work correctly. What are, for you, the needed conditions to start Patreon. I want to write the multi-layers behavior and I want to write the documentation. These actions are they necessary to start the project or they can be a part of the project?

I will send this new version to some persons. If you are interested by it, I can send it to you.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2018 at 3:02 PM

Hello again,

I forgot to say I made a tutorial showing this new function.

Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGuPjfjo14

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2018 at 9:39 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:35PM Sun, 04 November 2018 - #4338948

Hello Sudory,

You have right the Dynamic morphs did not work correctly because I made a modification to extend this function to any part of the body. Now, this function seems to work correctly. What are, for you, the needed conditions to start Patreon. I want to write the multi-layers behavior and I want to write the documentation. These actions are they necessary to start the project or they can be a part of the project?

I will send this new version to some persons. If you are interested by it, I can send it to you.

I got the new version, thanks. It fixed some issues for me. In terms of Patreon it's not necessary to finish the documentation etc. for a launch. You can provide them as rewards/updates.

By the way, I did some tests to compare CPU and GPU little bit more. When I use GPU I always notice some nasty movement of the cloth. It doesn't look "smooth" like it does with CPU.With still images it's just minor but during animation it doesn't look that good. Is that fixable somehow? CPUvsGPU.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2018 at 3:15 PM

Hello Surody,

Thank you for your help with Patreon. I certainly will ask you some help to start the project.

About GPU simulations, this needs some explanations. I agree with you sometimes, not always, some nasty movements appear. This issue comes from the high parallelism in GPU computing. All functions in VWD have been easy enough to convert to GPU and generate the same simulation as the CPU, except one : the springs calculation. This function updates two nodes in the same function. In mono CPU, the result is always perfect. In parallel mode, some vertices can be simulated at the same time. A thread can update a vertex position without taking in account the displacement made by another thread. In CPU, the number of threads executed at the same time is not high so these errors are not visible. In GPU, the number of threads can be several thousands and these errors can be seen. For now, I sort randomly the springs to dispatch the springs repartition. In 32 Threads CPU, this avoids all errors. In GPU, these errors are still visible. I tried to use a second calculation for the springs based on another array sorted differently. This method helps a little bit but does not remove completely the errors. This problem is known in high parallelism computation. Currently, there is no perfect method. I can try to implement the most used method which certainly will slow down the speed of the computation. Personally, I would like to write a dynamic method allowing to be sure each spring computation will be done without error. This error appears mainly on clothes with small number of springs. For the hair, this issue is almost not visible. I certainly will work on this function quickly because I am not satisfied by that. For now, the solution for this issue is to increase the number of springs. You can subdivide the mesh or increase the extensions for the generations by increasing the softness. This solution is not perfect but it can resolve your problem before the program modification.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2018 at 4:09 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:09PM Mon, 05 November 2018 - #4339028

Hello Surody,

Thank you for your help with Patreon. I certainly will ask you some help to start the project.

About GPU simulations, this needs some explanations. I agree with you sometimes, not always, some nasty movements appear. This issue comes from the high parallelism in GPU computing. All functions in VWD have been easy enough to convert to GPU and generate the same simulation as the CPU, except one : the springs calculation. This function updates two nodes in the same function. In mono CPU, the result is always perfect. In parallel mode, some vertices can be simulated at the same time. A thread can update a vertex position without taking in account the displacement made by another thread. In CPU, the number of threads executed at the same time is not high so these errors are not visible. In GPU, the number of threads can be several thousands and these errors can be seen. For now, I sort randomly the springs to dispatch the springs repartition. In 32 Threads CPU, this avoids all errors. In GPU, these errors are still visible. I tried to use a second calculation for the springs based on another array sorted differently. This method helps a little bit but does not remove completely the errors. This problem is known in high parallelism computation. Currently, there is no perfect method. I can try to implement the most used method which certainly will slow down the speed of the computation. Personally, I would like to write a dynamic method allowing to be sure each spring computation will be done without error. This error appears mainly on clothes with small number of springs. For the hair, this issue is almost not visible. I certainly will work on this function quickly because I am not satisfied by that. For now, the solution for this issue is to increase the number of springs. You can subdivide the mesh or increase the extensions for the generations by increasing the softness. This solution is not perfect but it can resolve your problem before the program modification.

Does the program actually support multicore CPUs? Would it be worth to get the new 8 core i9?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2018 at 4:57 PM

Yes, there are 3 ways to make a simulation.

• A mono-thread simulation when the "Use Multithread" and the "Use GPU" checkboxes are unchecked.
  • A multi-thread simulation when the "Use Multithread" checkbox is checked, you can choose the number of thread used for the simulation.
  • A GPU simulation when the "Use GPU" checkbox is checked, you can choose the GPU card used for the simulation

stger ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2018 at 5:40 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:34PM Mon, 05 November 2018 - #4337930

@stger: For me, Dforce and VWD are two different programs.

I like your image and your shirt. It would be interesting to try to modify it to make it less baggy... If you want.

Hey,

I think you got me wrong. I used for this shirt a normal shirt and made it with dformrs and dforce baggy :) What I wanted to suggest you with my post was that it would be maybe an option for you to create some clothes with support a baggy shape morph out of the box ;)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2018 at 2:22 PM ยท edited Tue, 06 November 2018 at 2:23 PM

Hello stger,

Yes, now I understand your suggestion.

In VWD I am always in favor to let the user free in their modifications.

Did you tried to use the function which modify the lengths of the springs. You can make a lot of deformations using this function with or without the extended selection.

Do you want I make a small tutorial explaining this?

stger ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2018 at 2:36 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 2:29PM Tue, 06 November 2018 - #4339143

Hello stger,

Did you tried to use the function which modify the lengths of the springs. You can make a lot of deformations using this function with or without the extended selection.

Hey Gerrald,

as mentioned in this post I currently donโ€˜t own VWD, but I consider to buy it if my questions are answered: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2921186&page_number=7#msg4339042

From what surrody told my about VWD it could be exactly what I need.

And yes, a Tuotrial would be very helpful if I buy it and start to make cloth baggy. Iโ€˜m interested in making t-shirts and jeans baggy/to big (like a child wears the jeans of his father).

Best

stger

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2018 at 11:52 PM

stger posted at 11:50PM Tue, 06 November 2018 - #4339144

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 2:29PM Tue, 06 November 2018 - #4339143

Hello stger,

Hey Gerrald,

as mentioned in this post I currently donโ€˜t own VWD, but I consider to buy it if my questions are answered: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2921186&page_number=7#msg4339042

From what surrody told my about VWD it could be exactly what I need.

And yes, a Tuotrial would be very helpful if I buy it and start to make cloth baggy. Iโ€˜m interested in making t-shirts and jeans baggy/to big (like a child wears the jeans of his father).

Best

stger

Making cloths baggy is easy with VWD. Just scale the character to like 120% and animate it over like 30 frames back to 100%. VWD records the Actor size but doesn't adjust the cloth which is initially upscaled to 120%.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2018 at 1:39 PM

Hello stger,

perhaps, I do a mistake. If you do not have the program, I can send you the latest version. You can test it and Buy it if you are satisfied. I will do a tutorial showing how to work with the scale function.

A user asked me to explain a earrings simulation. I just posted a video showing the result https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7nh8dOyJ3A and a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MP4uZJvNs on YouTube. I hope they can be useful to you.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2018 at 2:28 PM ยท edited Wed, 14 November 2018 at 2:29 PM

Hello,

When the multi-layers function will be fully written, I want to start the Patreon project. Currently the documentation is just at its beginning but Surody told me it is not really a problem.

My idea is to use several prices:

• A 1$ a month for an update (with the documentation).
  • A 2$ a month for an update(with the documentation) and one tutorial.
  • A 3$ a month for an update(with the documentation), one tutorial and one animation.
  • A 4$ a month for an update(with the documentation), one tutorial, one animation and one clothe.
  • A 5$ a month for an update(with the documentation), one tutorials, one animation, one clothe and another tutorial defined as the more asked tutorial by 5$ patrons.
  • A 5$ patron can ask me to make one specific tutorial at 10$ every year.
  • A specific tutorial would be at 50$.

These examples are just here to start a first discussion. Please, feel free to tell me all the ideas you have.

Gรฉrald

stger ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2018 at 5:03 PM

Hey Gerald,

Basically, that sounds reasonable to me.

But I think it would be better if all $5 patrons per month could suggest a tutorial and vote on which one you do.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2018 at 3:05 PM

Hello stger,

Your idea sounds really good to me. The ideas I exposed were just here as a first proposition. The vote seems to be the best choice. I have to learn Patreon to understand how I can do that. I will definitely need some help from Surody and Biscuits.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2018 at 12:29 AM ยท edited Fri, 16 November 2018 at 12:29 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:28AM Fri, 16 November 2018 - #4339940

Hello stger,

Your idea sounds really good to me. The ideas I exposed were just here as a first proposition. The vote seems to be the best choice. I have to learn Patreon to understand how I can do that. I will definitely need some help from Surody and Biscuits.

The ideas behind your pledge tiers are good but it has some flaws depending on how Patreon works. I have to look into Patreon myself more explicitly. Sometimes they change stuff during the night, haha. I'm will write to you what I think is good and bad in a e-mail.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2018 at 1:42 PM

Thank you for your help, Surody. I can not wait to read your email.

Biscuits ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2018 at 5:00 AM

Wow, that is a large workload.

Keep in mind when you setup the tiers like this you actually need to deliver each month...

an update...do you have an update each month?

And - a clothing each month

And - a tutorial each month

And - an animation each month

That is really stressful hard work, remember you work just as hard then for 1 patron then for 100 patrons.

Maybe a construction per creation would give more rest instead the per month construction.

With per creation, patrons only have to pay when you finished something.

Or if you really like to do monthly, you can setup the tiers like this:

$2 Base - Vwd updates and docs

$5 Delux - same as above plus everything you come up with that month which can vary, it can be a tutorial or a clothing or both or an animation or ripfiles for specific hair or clothing...and voting for tutorials or maybe ripfiles....but it can vary itโ€™s not set in stone the extras you decide yourself each month.

That way you donโ€™t give yourself a schedule which gives stress and is hard to keep your promise.

So I would start with two tiers in your case and prevent you become overworked. :)

My 2D&3D Storeย 

My Youtube Channel

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2018 at 2:14 PM

Hello Biscuits,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

In fact, I started with this first example to have some feedbacks.

I have to take time to understand what is possible in Patreon.

You are right, a workflow by creation is certainly easy to maintain. I will send you an email to discuss with you on this subject. I am very happy you accept to give me some help using your experience on Patreon.

I saw that some rules changed on Patreon: now there is a fix part. Some persons say this will kill the 1$ subscriptions. I think it is true. Set the minimum value at 2$ for a monthly subscription is certainly the minimal value. I fact, I would like to have a low price for the first subscription but I also want this subscription represents something to me.

I just thought to make (using the Biscuits's proposition):

• 2$ for the updates without any documentation
  • 3$ for the updates with the documentation
  • 5$ for a DELUX version with extras defined by vote. (clothes, tutorials, animation, RIP files).

Concerning the per creation construction, I don't know how define a value for each part.

• A specific tutorial
  • A specific RIP file.
  • A clothe, in a library?

Many things must be thought.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2018 at 1:20 AM ยท edited Mon, 19 November 2018 at 1:21 AM

Sorry for letting you wait. I'm gonna send you a e-mail the next 24 hours with my thoughts.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 19 November 2018 at 2:39 PM

No problem, Surody. Thank you for your help.

yvesab ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2018 at 12:41 AM

May I ask for an option to get tutorials in French. I'm totally Ok with the Patreon solution But do take in account the workload it will require ! If you can make VWD more intuitively usable a 5 usd/mo fee is not a "deluxe" price. Since it will start as a niche product, you better plan at the beginning on a few regular patrons just my opinion

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2018 at 4:30 PM

Hello yvesab,

Yes, I can do tutorials in French. For me, it is so easier ๐Ÿ˜„ About the workload, I agree with you, but currently, I already have this workload, but without any incomes.

Tomorrow, I will post a new post. Many news about the program!!!!

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2018 at 8:45 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 8:45AM Sat, 01 December 2018 - #4340906

Hello yvesab,

Yes, I can do tutorials in French. For me, it is so easier ๐Ÿ˜„ About the workload, I agree with you, but currently, I already have this workload, but without any incomes.

Tomorrow, I will post a new post. Many news about the program!!!!

EXCITED :D

stger ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 8:56 AM

-1 for tutorials in french. I think most people dont speak this language

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 9:14 AM

stger posted at 9:12AM Sun, 02 December 2018 - #4341008

He`s french though, so I would assume the extra work isn't that much. But I kinda agree, if you start doing extra languages people will request more and it's hard to justify then that you won't do it.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 9:14 AM

Surody posted at 9:14AM Sun, 02 December 2018 - #4341013

He`s french though, so I would assume the extra work isn't that much. But I kinda agree, if you start doing extra languages people will request more translations and it's hard to justify then that you won't do it.

stger ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 9:18 AM

Surody posted at 9:15AM Sun, 02 December 2018 - #4341013

He`s french though, so I would assume the extra work isn't that much. But I kinda agree, if you start doing extra languages people will request more and it's hard to justify then that you won't do it.

Uh as long we get all the tutorials in english I donโ€˜t care about a french version. I first thought talking about french instead of english. Which would be absurd, to be honest ?

yvesab ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2018 at 9:59 AM

To be really honest, I think the best would be for Gerald to write a tutorial in french, then try to find a translator who could do the job at a minimal fee. It would be much more comfortable for everybody ! You native english speaking people don't imagine how hard it is for us "barbarians" to understand english written or spoken by a non totally fluent person ... I recently went to DC see my daughter who's working there, (in a restaurant, oeuf Corse ;-)) and it was really hard to understand what Uber drivers was telling us (one from Colombia, the other from Poland)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.