Wed, Sep 18, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 10:15 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Folks, love you to bits, but...

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2018 at 10:53 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:16 PM

... the Pool Party sale. Seriously, by your own numbers...

Female (228) Male (7)

Honestly, why do you even bother anymore.....

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 1:06 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Unfortunately vendors choose to create items for females a lot more than males - they are not told what to do! :)

Being a vendor for almost twenty years I might justify why they make that choice.. a male product seldom has the same revenue as a female product.. talking of kids (although we all love them but almost never use in our scenes) even worse! :)

Concerning the Beach items.. let's be a bit realistic. How many shapes or styles can a pair of swimming trunks have? 😁

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 2:13 AM

And just because there's not as many male items as female does not mean those vendors should stop. If I see a vendor make a male Item I can use, I'll buy it rather than complain about the percentage. I still make and sell my male content, and I still get a check from it despite a store having a majority of female items.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 6:47 AM

I realize they're not tld what to do, but after a while it just becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy: dont make stuff for the guys because no one buys it because there isnt any for them to buy because no one makes it. And if you seriously look at those hundreds of items for the women — there's little, if any in some cases, variety. Minor details here and there, but that's about it. Tell me: how many bikini sets can the market bear before you vendors realize you're playing a numbers game stacked against you?

Well, whatever. I'm sure someone will come along before too much longer to remind us all about "celebrating the beauty of the female form in art through the centuries" and the usual blah blah blah. Funny how it just keeps getting more and more skewed with each passing year — and eventually the entire little niche, the vendors, DAZ, whoever owns Poser assuming it still exists — will just say screw it and stop creating figures no one's really all that interested in using. It's time to just bite the bullet and do it and get it over with.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 10:24 AM · edited Sat, 09 June 2018 at 10:24 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

My M4 Runtime offers a wide collection of male clothing of all sorts gathered over the past 2 decades. There is everything available for male figures too - a wide variety in fact for everything, you just need to search and find them!

The store never forces vendors to enter their products in a sale of high discount! That's the vendors choice 100%! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 11:11 AM

And my runtime contains content from David 3 to Michael 8... don't confuse percentage sold with selling nothing at all. To tell vendors like myself, whose stores contain mostly male products (and make money) to stop making male content because YOU don't feel the percentages is to your liking is ludicrous. Please stop. If you want to throw in the towel and quit making male renders, that's sounds like a better solution. But don't tell others what they should doing with their stores and their time.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 11:41 AM

I do not understand why you have to complain about to much female stuff, or to much sexy female stuff or not enough male stuff, every few months. How often can people discuss with you why vendors create what they do create? Sorry, I do not want to be rude, but it is the same discussion every time you start one of your complaint stuff. Just be happy that vendors even make stuff for us.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 2:20 PM · edited Sat, 09 June 2018 at 2:30 PM

I sort of agree with you Sean Martin just not on the way your executing your feelings on it. There is some very good creators of male clothing you just have to look for them maybe not as much as slut wear creators, but still there are some,but if they dont get support,eventually there wont be any at all.So you should focus your energy on supporting those who do create Male items or at least trying to learn how to model and create your own male items. I'm not saying this in a ...well model your own shit then...way. I'm saying that if you have been messing around in this for a while now..and the well has run dry then maybe its time to take that next step up and create what you want /need and not just sit there not being able to create art because "they" dont sell or create what you want or need. thats the case with anything actually men clothing women clothing props ..whatever don't let it come to a point were if they stop creating this or that then your art suffers.learn how to create what you want and or need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 2:47 PM

I tend to buy male clothes when I see them simply because there are so few of them. Offhand though I'd say it probably mimics what you see in the real world. It's not so much they don't make men's clothes, there just are not a whole lot of different types. And in the 3D world every male you use doesn't need his own pile of t-shirts. ;)

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2018 at 10:09 AM

Everybody loves the bargain, but sometimes you pay to get what you want or make it yourself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.