Thu, Sep 19, 7:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New principled hair

incantrix ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 2:23 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Been playing around with the new principled hair BSDF for cycles in the latest Blender zips Works in both 2.79.5 and 2.8. The models didn't import correctly from PP11 or Daz and look a bit odd and no node work done on them just the base textures. The shader does look promising and and will so how far I can push it though.

left Possette Sydney bottom G3

hair.jpg

Incantrix

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 4:24 AM

The hair in your first image looks amazing!

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

incantrix ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 5:28 AM

The first one was the last one I did when it comes to styling hair I am really crap at it lol. Need a lot more practice. The shader seems to work better on a medium to long straightish hair particle system. Once I get better at it and work out what nodes will plug into nicely am hoping to get some very good results. I tried on polygonal type hair as well but the effects were less than poor to say the least. Tried it on the tolouse and some old Swam obj's I had. This is on 2.79 master or 2.79.5 which is the zip file and not the current release.

Incantrix

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 6:56 AM
Online Now!

Learning to make hair now ... this is very interesting!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

incantrix ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 7:54 AM

Good luck with it Boni I am always stuffing it up and redoing it when I try it as very small changes can make big differences. this is the link for a small tute on the new shader. tute

Incantrix

incantrix ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2018 at 2:44 AM

A little bit more playing around with the shader's base setting. hair.jpg

Incantrix

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2018 at 6:56 AM
Online Now!

I see some mild styling issues ... but the shaders are wonderful!! (I have no place to judge by the way ... I am doing quite poorly so far at creating hair ... learning curve).

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

incantrix ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2018 at 12:59 PM

LOL I saw a lot of styling issues on it Been struggling with the whole comb and smooth out stuff but it does take practice I'm told. Once I get that a bit better looking I'm going to go right through the shader and see what can be achieved.

Incantrix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.