Mon, Jul 8, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 10:45 am)

Subject: Realistic Looking Renders

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2018 at 11:54 AM · edited Wed, 19 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Though a long time Daz Member and user of Daz Studio, I still haven't figured out how to get realistic looking renders similar to ones merchants provide here at Renderosity. I consider myself as being computer savy and tend to figure things out but despite reading numerous tutorials here and other places along, I'm still getting images that are not realistic. I was wondering if there there are scripts or other tools to achieve the images I desire.

Thanks

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2018 at 12:15 PM

Got an example of a specific realistic one you are going for? Some are postwork masters...others are real good at lighting.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2018 at 12:20 PM

So many reasons some may look more realistic as said above postwork, lighting, then there is morph and render quality, the skill set of that artist.... Examples would be good...

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2018 at 2:25 PM · edited Fri, 10 August 2018 at 2:28 PM

grainsy.jpgffly.jpg

Here are 2 examples featuring grainy and other, with fireflies. I just find it's a hit and miss with Iray lighting setting requirements. What's interesting is the character rendering qualify isn't as good as some of the background textures. I have to provide postwork effects to get softer looks in order to remove the graininess or fireflies.

tparo ( ) posted Sat, 11 August 2018 at 7:28 AM

Grain and 'fireflies' are usually eliminated by longer rendering times and lighting.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2018 at 2:43 PM

I'd say your main problem is lighting. I'd pick up a studio light set (I use ones by Inane Glory) and take a close look at how it's set up, at least if what you are trying to accomplish are portrait pictures. There are a couple of vendors here that put out some good light sets also, I'm partial to the IG ones though.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2018 at 10:50 PM
Online Now!

To reduce grain and fireflies, you can also double your render dimensions and downsample the final image. To get a 2000x2500px result, render at 4000x5000px and reduce the file to 2000x2500px in an image editing program.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.