Tue, Oct 1, 5:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: activate a morph with a prop

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 4:09 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:39 AM

Is it possible to "build" a morph direct manipulating system by parenting a primitive to a morph? Specifically, I instead of spinning Expression dials on V4, I'd like to directly manipulate her face morphs. This would establish the function supplied to Paul and Paulina in PoserPro 11. Possible? Other ways?

::::: Opera :::::

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 4:39 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2018 at 4:41 PM

Parenting a prop would never work for this the Paul/Pauline Face controls are driven by facial bones. similar to the Genesis 3/8 figures

One could theoretically add some new facial bones to V4 and edit her CR2 to achieve this feature according a post in this poser forum thread:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2902239

My website

YouTube Channel

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 4:48 PM

Thanks Wolf, that thread is informative. Boni cited a tutorial that shows facial rigging. If she reads this, can a link be posted? I'll go looking for it ...

:: og ::

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 6:15 PM

HI operaguy ... I'm signing off for tonight ... send me a site-mail reminder and I'll get that link to you tomorrow!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2018 at 3:58 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2018 at 4:07 PM

You can easily link props to morphs, I do it all the time for stuff.

Load your figure. Load the prop you want to use and position it. If you want the origins to be 0,0,0 on the prop, export it, then re-import it. Parent the prop to V4's head.

Now that you have the prop there, decide what you want the 3 directions (x,y,z) to do. (You can do far more than 3 things with each prop, every channel in the prop can be linked to another prop, figure, light, camera, whatever....) Lets use blink. Add a dependency to the x axis. Click start learning in the editor. Set blink to -1 as (in V4's case, eyes closed). Move the prop on the x axis a bit, set blink to .5 (Eyes wide open) Click stop learning in the dependency editor. Set the min and max x values on the prop x axis and force limits in the setting area so you can't drag the prop further than the setting.

Poof, the impossible to do in Poser prop Blink controller is now done....

Wolf, stop telling people what you can't do in Poser. It doesn't matter if you can't do it...... You have repeatedly posted you don't even use Poser anymore. Telling people that something can't be done when it obviously can is nothing more than you answering in a thread with absolutely nothing to add but disinformation..

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 3:21 PM

shvrdavid, thank you. I will explore this later today. I have spent parts of the last 10 days attempting to learn rigging from the ground up, in order to place helper bones in V4 head to accomplish direct manipulation for lip sync. I'm making progress with that, but if i can simply connect a prop to the already-existing morphs, that would be spectacular.

Can you parent the prop to, say, head, so that the prop stays positioned around her head no matter the pose?

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 3:41 PM

Yes, parent all the controllers to her head so they follow her.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 30 December 2018 at 4:17 PM · edited Sun, 30 December 2018 at 4:18 PM

Problem: when I click on the prop to move it, or even move it's dial, the ball's y goes to zero (drops to floor).

Sequence:

Place ball next to the head.

Select the V4 head.

Scroll down to "Browup-down"

Open the dependency editor on that morph.

Switch tabs from Value operations to Keyed Dependencies. (There are already two dependencies in place, for the r- l- morphs)

Click on "start teaching."

Click on the ball with the intention of moving it a little. Ball drops to the floor.

prop1.png

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 3:21 AM

You need to open the dependencies on the parented prop. Not on the V4 morph. First parent the prop to her head, then open dependencies on the prop axis you want to use. Now you can select V4 head and add the morph you want to it.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 10:40 AM

Ok, i'll try that. Thanks ghostman

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 1:47 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2018 at 1:49 PM

Okay, working! I've got a prop with a y-axis dependency to the V4 morph BrowUp-Down. When you grab the ball and move it up/down, the brows raise/lower.

Click here for short demo vid

Thanks shvrdavid and ghostman.

I may or may not abandon my "18 helper bones for facial animation" project. First I want to see if this idea...prop with morph dependency...gives me the control I want.

ud.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.