Thu, Oct 3, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 9:13 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Legacy Discounted Content Sales and Smith Micro catalog question

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 7:11 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 3:16 PM
Online Now!

I see that a bunch of old Smith Micro products that came from older versions of Poser or were sold on the Content Paradise site are now in the Legacy Content section. Are the rest of the products from CP going to show up here? And if so, will Renderosity be doing what DAZ did when they absorbed RDNA and allowing customers to transfer their CP purchased items into their Rendo accounts?

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2019 at 9:43 AM

Hi.

More items that were at CP will be coming over here. It is up to each vendor on that and where those show up. Some want them in the legacy department and others will show up in the regular marketplace. Depending on vendor preference.

As I know of right now, we will not have the previous purchases available.. BUT I will do some checking on that as we have been getting that question a few times now. 😄

FeePC ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2019 at 4:56 PM

Are these items compatible with DAZStudio, and why don't they have a read,e-file? Clicking on a read-me-file in the product description on renderosity gives me this. AccessDeniedAccess Denied61F5AB2CF1655F7Df6FiUfn0sc62h8ChE8W7iCqY+b860uL4Gds4vqURdXGJ7VttvDxkeyMlBh9Jd8qaRfXx+8ufma0=

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2019 at 4:40 PM · edited Fri, 11 January 2019 at 4:41 PM
Online Now!

RE: the Read Mes - my guess is that we get that message because there are no readmes. To be fair, though, DAZ went through a similar problem when they ingested the entire RDNA store. To this date, a huge number of RDNA products still have ambiguous descriptions, images and/or dead red mes... it's just a HUGE amount of material and DAZ had the advantage of the founders of RDNA signing on to supervise the transfer. I don't think most people realize how small the number of staff at a company like DAZ or Rendo actually is, and while I'm definitely not sure how many people (as in product managers, not PAs) were actually still there at Content Paradise when the plug was pulled, I doubt that few of them have been retained to supervise this transfer.

That said, I've noticed that a lot info that's normally in the readmes is getting buried at the bottom of the product descriptions , and at least some of the artists now have Renderosity vendor accounts so you can contact them directly... or, at least in the case of AtoZ, go to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Tim-Machans-Atoz-Inc-467133783409829/

FeePC ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2019 at 7:46 AM

So it's trial and error for us customers ... For items this old and cheap I can't imagine the PAs to do the extra work and test them in DAZ.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.