Mon, Sep 9, 10:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser manual?

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 2:23 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:21 AM

Is there a copy around? I need to figure out how to change the center point of a prop and moving the red and green things isn't changing anything. The link from the old Smith Mirco forum is down.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 2:47 PM
Online Now!

Under Help in the Toolbar, Poser Reference Manual.

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 2:53 PM

This is what I'm getting: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Smith%20Micro/Poser%2011/Poser%20Reference%20Manual.pdf I go there and it's only one page.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:12 PM

I see a reinstall in your future. Never, ever, under any circumstances should you install Poser to Program Files. You should be able to call up the manual from within Poser without having to go anywhere but I'm guessing yours isn't working right because of where you installed the app.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:17 PM

I'm waiting on the Renderosity version.

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:34 PM

Hi. I think the one page pdf shows up when the support files haven't been installed correctly.

the Poser Reference Manual.pdf should be in the Documentation folder - if it isn't there you will need to re-install the - Poser Support Files for Poser from the Download Manager

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:38 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:43 PM

It's supposed to be in

C:UsersPublicDocumentsPoser 11 ContentDocumentation

if you installed it.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

Actually, there are two pdf files. One is in Program files and is only one page long. The reference manual, which is the one you want is in the C:Users/Public/Documents/Poser 11 Content/ Documentation. So no, you probably don't need a re-install. I found this out the hard way.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 6:32 PM

And thanks to this thread, I didn't need to find it via the hard way. Thanks Earl, Randy and Adzan. @anniemation, It will take a while for them to scrub every last vistage of Smith-Micro from the books and to set up updates, and other surprises that I won't reveal. Heh, Heh, I can feel the tension in the air over at that place that shall not be named.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.