Sun, Oct 6, 5:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Here's a bit of Poser 11.2 weirdness...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:43 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 4:22 PM

... and one from before.

On the renders list at the side of the screen, as the unwanted renders pile up, I delete them. There are a few I keep there as quick reminders of stuff I'm working on, or things I want to go back to later. All the other stuff, though, I trash them before I close. Since the change to 11.2, though, not all the ones I delete stay deleted. Next time I open Poser, some - or all - are there again, large as life and twice as ugly. Odd.

T'other strange thing is, from time to time, if I "New" Poser, it will hang and eventually ask me to locate Black Texture.png. Never been able to find the chuffing thing, and seeing as it's not something that happens all the time, I tend to forget until the next time it happens. Any ideas what's causing it, and where this Black Texture.png is located, because I can't find the buggering thing.

I'm on Win 7 Pro if that's any help.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:44 AM

I neglected to add, the Black Texture thing is the one that started happening before I changed over to 11.2.

My Store

My Gallery

caisson ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:54 AM

I'm on Win10 and I can find BlackTexture.png in AppData/Roaming in my Users folder; it also shows up in Local/Temp/Poser/11. Absolutely no idea of what it's for, but I also see it as BlackTexture.png.exr in the PoserTextureCache temp folder.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 10:56 AM

SamTherapy posted at 10:51AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364568

I neglected to add, the Black Texture thing is the one that started happening before I changed over to 11.2.

That happened to me, too! Also before the 11.2 update.

IIRC...it seemed to be connected to the ground plane. There was a loose node there called black.png. I deleted it, then saved it as the new default.

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 11:09 AM

I believe that if you have something with a missing texture poser creates blacktexture.png. And so a pz3 that was saved with this will include a reference to it, so poser looks for it. I can't remember where I read this so I could be confused about it, a usual state for me!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for the info, people. Now to hunt for that chuffing texture. ๐Ÿ˜

My Store

My Gallery

structure ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:07 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:08 PM
Forum Coordinator

I made a copy of the blacktexture.png and saved it into the root folder of my poser textures - I found that the missing blacktexture seems to happen if you clear your temp folder while poser is running - anyway, copying it to runtime:textures made it easy to just point poser at it.

Locked Out

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 5:37 PM

Nails60 posted at 6:36PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364574

I believe that if you have something with a missing texture poser creates blacktexture.png. And so a pz3 that was saved with this will include a reference to it, so poser looks for it. I can't remember where I read this so I could be confused about it, a usual state for me!

Hmmmm, I wonder if that's something in the newest versions, as I've always just gotten call-outs for missing textures before.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 5:52 PM

randym77 posted at 6:44PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364570

IIRC...it seemed to be connected to the ground plane. There was a loose node there called black.png. I deleted it, then saved it as the new default.

Hmmm, that's odd, as I've never seen that before. There is a "loose" node with a default graphic attached, but it's not the Black Texture. I've never seen that in any version of PP11 I've had installed.

GroundPlaneMaterialSetup.jpg

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 6:35 PM

Anyhow, seeing as the BlackTexture malarkey has been well and truly discussed, how about my other problem, "The Strange Case Of The Renders That Won't Die"?

Anyone else encountered this?

My Store

My Gallery

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 6:40 PM

I have found that renders that I do in a session and then delete, don't delete. To get rid of them you have to close poser, re-open then delete

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 6:46 PM

Nails60 posted at 12:44AM Sun, 29 September 2019 - #4364663

I have found that renders that I do in a session and then delete, don't delete. To get rid of them you have to close poser, re-open then delete

Ah, but did this happen before you changed over to 11.2? I never had the problem before. I guess it's not a problem because at least you stand a chance of getting back something you accidentally deleted.

My Store

My Gallery

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 3:02 PM

For me this started with poser 11

raven ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

That render cache problem started happening for me 3 years ago, I even posted about it in the SM forums in this post ๐Ÿ˜„ https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/1557/poser-error-upon-start

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 5:27 PM

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice. And me. Never happened to me before now. Odder than a big bag of very odd things.

My Store

My Gallery

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 6:06 PM

I dont know if this makes any difference, but I closed that window when I set up my standard parameters.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

structure ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 7:56 PM ยท edited Sun, 29 September 2019 at 7:56 PM
Forum Coordinator

It appears that poser keeps any newly rendered files open even after you have finished with them. I have raised this as an issue for the devs attention. It appears atm that this is only a windows issue, and does not affect mac.

Locked Out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.