Mon, Sep 9, 8:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 11.2 sept 19 Update question-removing poser

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 5:29 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:39 PM

when I run the update I am told it will uninstall poser and it's content before installing the update, where is the option to backup my settings???? let alone is this going to effect my runtime? if it removes that i'm going to be really annoyed.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

structure ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 6:55 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2019 at 8:37 AM
Forum Coordinator

When it says it will delete your old version of poser, it is talking about the program itself.

I suggest you follow this path as you go through

image001.png

Click OK

image002.png

Click YES

image003.png

Click NO

Backing up of settings or using new settings will follow the last screen

( alternatively : you can use this script to open the preferences folder ( if you do not know how to find it ) and back them up manually )

your content will not be deleted.

Locked Out

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 7:09 AM

The uninstall will not remove your content. Just the Poser programs.

Be certain, once the uninstall is complete, that you pay attention to the prompts and choose Use Existing Settings when installing the update.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2019 at 7:57 AM

Gltterati3D is right on the money with that post, you need to Use Existing Settings. If you don't uninstall first, you run the risk of adding corrected content to questionable content that already exist. You will have an unholy mess on your hands trying to sort out bad and good content. Trust me, you'll be fine with the advice from above.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 4:23 AM

You know, there doesn't seem to be any "one size fits all" way to install this update. None of this happened to me on my update. And only recently has a message been popping up telling me something either failed to load or can't be found. And even then, my Poser is still working the way it used to.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.