Mon, Sep 9, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Old 1st gen i7 vs Ryzen 7 3700x

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2019 at 9:05 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 10:52 PM

Just upgraded my old i7 1st gen processor (8gb ram) to a spanking Ryzen 7 3700x (32gb ram, with Nvme) both with the same gpu (GTX970 4gb), Before I started I made a scene and left it to render, The i7 took 2hours 19mins and 56 seconds, now I was expecting a little of a time improvement , not much as I was using the same graphics card (in iray), the time for the Ryzen was 13mins 11.27seconds..... Im still in shock at the speed difference. And only the operating system is on c: nothing else In both cases, as Daz is on my G:drive. but Nvme is a sh*t lot faster than my old HD. Hope someone found that interesting, and perhaps was in the same situation where they are thinking their 10year old machine is still quite good.... well sadly, and I hate to say it, its not as good as you would have expected, lol…. best £600 I ever spent.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.