Mon, Sep 9, 8:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Conforming badge need to be rigid help

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:49 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 10:04 PM

I want to add the star trek badges (of which one is on show in my gallery) in the freestuff section here, so to make things easier for everyone I was going to include conforming as well as parented versions, but I have run into a bit of a problem. I have made the conforming figure (badge), but when I move the arm (especially in extreme movements) the badge gets distorted, is there a way to make the badge rigid but still be conforming? Thank you for any help.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 9:18 AM

There are a couple of options. One is to edit the weight maps so that the whole badge has the same weight (and then add morphs to cope with positioning it). Another is to use a Rigid Follow Node on the thing you want to use it with and parent the badge, as a prop, to that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.