Mon, Jul 8, 5:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Pop Add from Infolinks

shonsu ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 2:36 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 7:40 AM

This has only just started by why am I receiving popups from Infolinks when I log in to Renderosity?
infolinkspopup_why.JPG

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 2:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Check the other threads about it. Fair to say people are less than thrilled. Or, to put it another way, fuck popups and fuck Infolinks. 😁

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 10:51 PM

???

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 12:06 PM

I am responding to let you all know that the ad pop-up is a test.

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 12:33 PM

I think we've figured that out since that seems to be the only response you ever bother to grace us with. Have you figured out by now that WE ALL HATE IT?????

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 1:07 PM

I think they figured that out for at least the people that responded on the two threads, what percentage that is to the number that use the boards is I have no idea. I think the bigger issue is we were all putting up with the previous ads they were using, I didn't like them but it never drove me to use an ad blocker. This did. And the danger of a two week test is how many others it drives to the same decisions because once those things are installed, they knock out all third party ads, not just the info links ones. So if and when they revert back they are going to be facing diminished viewing. Since the Info link ads are not appearing on the Marketplace, my assumption is they are trying to pay for the costs of hosing the forums and galleries, which is legitimate. Info-links is too intrusive though to be a good solution.

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 1:49 PM

Actually, I suppose I should thank them.. I've put off for far too long installing AdBlock on all my browsers, on all my machines. Thanks to this asinine "test" my hand has been forced. I didn't mind the ads at the top, but the pop-ups at the bottom of EVERY page was too much to take. I don't know about anyone else, but when I create and post artwork, it's not because I enjoy having someone's stupid advertising obscuring it. I don't get that crap on ANY other site.

I'm pretty much done with posting comments about this - no one in charge of this travesty seems to give a damn about our opinions anyway. All we get is a robotic, repetitive response about it being a "test." Maybe CHMedia has been instructed not to provide any information beyond that. It wouldn't surprise me... "Tell the plebs as little as possible.." It's truly sad to see the direction this site is going.

I'm done.

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 2:30 PM

I apologize, I will let you know when we have more information to release.

RodS posted at 2:25PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381693

I think we've figured that out since that seems to be the only response you ever bother to grace us with. Have you figured out by now that WE ALL HATE IT?????

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:20 PM

FlagonsWorkshop posted at 5:58PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381699

I think they figured that out for at least the people that responded on the two threads, what percentage that is to the number that use the boards is I have no idea. I think the bigger issue is we were all putting up with the previous ads they were using, I didn't like them but it never drove me to use an ad blocker. This did. And the danger of a two week test is how many others it drives to the same decisions because once those things are installed, they knock out all third party ads, not just the info links ones. So if and when they revert back they are going to be facing diminished viewing. Since the Info link ads are not appearing on the Marketplace, my assumption is they are trying to pay for the costs of hosing the forums and galleries, which is legitimate. Info-links is too intrusive though to be a good solution.

I started using an ad blocker the moment third party ads started appearing here. I've used one on other sites for a long time but once all the garbage started showing up here, on it went.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:20 PM

I don't see any ads but I do see this sometimes lol

crykitty.jpg

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:40 PM · edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:40 PM

Are you using an ad blocker? 😿TwiztidKidd posted at 3:39PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381824

I don't see any ads but I do see this sometimes lol

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:42 PM

? I have AdBlock on all browsers and on all machines, so I must make lots of kitties cry.... ??

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:58 PM · edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:04 PM

What are these? Smileys?

Cap.PNG

@Carolyn Maybe... lol

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:08 PM

Yep, smileys.... Never seen 'em do that before, though... Looks like some obscure alien glyphs.... Dude, who are you hangin' out with these days?? :-D

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:23 PM · edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:27 PM

I'm helping and supporting other great artists that just started here... I want them to feel like I did when I first joined Renderosity, everyone's so nice to me.

Congratulations on your Artist of the Year award, Rod!!! Well deserved, Sir!

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:26 PM

That's awesome! We need a lot more folks like you, buddy! It's folks like you that help make this the best art site on the internet, even with the occasional glitch or test.

Thanks so much.... I'm still blushing... LOL

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:31 PM

I want to see that little AOY icon next to your name lol Where is it?

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:44 PM

I think they're still working on things (wink).. Stay tuned.. :-)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 5:04 PM

Oh, you mean like the last artist who got it, won't give it back and stuff? lol

DangerMouse4Karen ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 12:30 AM

Congratulations RodS, well deserved! Keep up the awesome work!

romanceworks ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 1:03 PM

INFO POPUP DEFINITELY SUCKS!!!!

Tracesl ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 4:45 PM

hope they get rid of it soon.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 9:38 PM

It appears they have. I'm not getting them tonight on a computer I'm not using a pop-up blocker on. If the test was cancelled early it was a good idea to do so.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 10:16 PM

Unfortunately, no, as I thought so too, but then it popped up just now, so there was just a delay.

OK, back to not visiting Renderosity until this is gone for good. ~shakes head~

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2020 at 9:28 PM

Miss B posted at 9:25PM Thu, 27 February 2020 - #4381935

Unfortunately, no, as I thought so too, but then it popped up just now, so there was just a delay.

I believe I've seen some chocolate in one of the ads. Please don't leave, unless your coming back... I hope you stay, you are wonderful!

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 12:18 AM
Online Now!

Hmm... I never would have known about any of this without all the threads. The screencap tells me I wouldn't like it. 😿 Haven't seen the kitty, either.

Congrats RodS!

SchelleFire ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 5:00 PM

We have disabled the pop-up ads across the site.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2020 at 11:14 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 12:13AM Wed, 18 March 2020 - #4382002

Miss B posted at 9:25PM Thu, 27 February 2020 - #4381935

I believe I've seen some chocolate in one of the ads. Please don't leave, unless your coming back... I hope you stay, you are wonderful!

Awww, how sweet of you to say so. 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 3:48 PM

Miss B posted at 3:43PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4383879

Awww, how sweet of you to say so. 😄

Your sweet!! I'm glad you didn't leave... you're funny and you make everyone feel good in your presence laughing.PNG

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 3:53 PM

OK, now you're making me blush. 😊

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 19 March 2020 at 4:06 PM

Miss B posted at 4:05PM Thu, 19 March 2020 - #4384016

OK, now you're making me blush. 😊

The healthy bloom in your cheeks gives you an aura of innocence lol

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2020 at 4:06 PM

couldn't even imagine going online without ad blockers. and any site that blocks me from viewing without ad blockers isn't worth my attention, screw them, it's not like they're the only ones offering some kind of info or service 🤷

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.