Wed, Sep 4, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Importing an OBJ file

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:18 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2024 at 11:41 PM

Hi,

Created a heavily modified "cat suit" for L'Homme to make clothing for him with. Loaded in the Dev Suit for La'Femme, transferred the morphs from L'Homme to it and of course I couldn't figure out how to get the height to transfer so took that into ZBrush, grew it and fixed poke throughs and and re-meshed it allot to get a much lower poly count and set up the poly-groups to my liking. Exported it and well it comes in about half in the floor when imported back into Poser. I'd like to know how to import it so it comes in where it should.

Thank you, Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:30 AM
Site Admin

In the import dialog that pops up, there is an offset option. Adjust the y offset. You may have to expirament. Or if the suit is supposed to touch the ground, you can use the place on floor option.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:38 AM

Need to check "place on floor" option when importing the OBJ ito Poser.

Eternal Hobbyist

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 12:00 PM

Seems a bit fidgety to me. After about 30 tries with various yTran and zTran settings in the importer I sort of got it. MUST be a simpler way than that! WOW!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 12:17 PM

Seems that the GoZ export to Poser seems to work the best. I'll have to remember that!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:02 PM

SO another question. Probably stupid one but here goes...

Is there a way to "auto rig" clothing in Poser like one can do in DAZ Studio? I went into the set up room and well... that was all she wrote. I had NO IDEA what to do in there. I didn't see any controls or a way to perhaps copy and transfer the L'Homme rigging to the Catsuit so feeling a bit lost here

Thanks for any help, links or advice!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:12 PM
Forum Coordinator

Well there is a manual and most likely some tuts. Essentially you select the clothing object and the target figure and ask the fitting room to combine them into a figure. You can use the fitting tools and the grouping tool but that is just an option.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:30 PM

Thank you. Yea, I had the wrong room. Fitting, not Setup! I found a YouTube vid for that, it's 4 years old but I think it all still applies to the Poser 11 Pro....

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 7:51 PM
Site Admin

No, the fitting room hasn't changed much, if at all. If you need help, ask.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 10:32 AM

Thanks so much RedPhantom! Will do! 😀

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.