Mon, Sep 9, 8:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Help needed, strand based hair invisible in render

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 3:37 PM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 3:37 AM

I recently bought from dForce Alexa Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female AprilYSH over at Daz but on rendering (in iray) the hair doesn't show up, only the skull cap is visible. there is no tutorial or readme with the product and as far as I can tell no way to contact AprilYSH on the site, I have written a support ticket but im thinking daz will be useless on this. frankly I hate the site and prefer it here, can anyone shed any lite on how I can get the hair to render? or at least some way to contact AprilYSH for help. Thank you anyone who can help.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 3:48 PM

Update, it won't render in Delight either, this is just getting annoying

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 4:39 PM

Which version of DS are you using - Hep>About Daz Studio

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 4:58 PM
Online Now!

I can't assist it is not a hair I own. Sorry

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 5:07 PM

Right, after digging, and for everyones future reference I have found a solution, as this appears to be a bug. The link to the thread is :- https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/339441/mrl-dforce-long-hair-not-showing-up-in-render

and if you don't want to read through that, just do this snipped from the site... "I found it. In the Scene tab under the MRL DFLHair Base - HDE (Hair Parented to this) you will find MRL DF Long Hair. In the scene tab - click on the MRL DF Long Hair. When you go to the Parameters tab/All and activate "Preview PR Hairs" and increase the "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" and "Render Line Tessellation Sides" the hair appears in the Iray preview render mode." I only increased the last two by one, and then the hair shows up in the iray and delight renders. Hope this helps someone as it is one annoying bug.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 5:09 PM

Thank you everyone who has commented hopefully my post will help everyone. my version of Daz is 4.12.0.86 pro edition 64 bit

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 5:54 PM

Dforce Hair Render Fix.jpg

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 7:12 PM

Thanks for sharing this~!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2020 at 9:23 PM

No problem, I have also discovered that raising the viewport line tessellation sides to 3 makes the hair look a lot better in the final render (I have it set to to in the image above) be warned though that increasing this number slows down your computer, at 4 it makes working on the image annoyingly laggy, so 3 isn't too bad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.