Mon, Sep 9, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Question about HD add ons for Genesis 8

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2020 at 2:37 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

I will cut to the chase, Do the HD add ons over at daz ie Babina 8 HD add on work without having Babina, ie just on a custom Genesis 8 , I ask this as it would be nice to get the detail on the figure instead of flat skin. and I don't think the add ons use normal maps etc for the detail, any help is much appreciated. Pete

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2020 at 3:15 PM

Babina 8 is a derivative of Genesis 8, so the HD add on will work on it. Besides, if you look closely at the website package contents, the Babina 8 head and body morphs are included.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 7:47 PM · edited Tue, 31 March 2020 at 7:48 PM

I think I know what you mean. You mean can you use the hd morph and it's details on plain Jane Genesis 8 without having the Babina character. Yes, you can. However, you will have strange artifacts in some places like textures won't line up with the wrinkles on knuckles, areas around nose and eyes, and that type of thing. If you're not doing closeups you probably really don't need an HD morph anyway. Normals are good enough for moderate distances.

But yes, you can use her HD morph on a plain genesis 8. Just be aware of issues.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.