Sun, Sep 15, 1:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:33 am)

Subject: My Recycle Bin is Loaded with Runtime Files I Never Deleted

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 10:21 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 4:34 AM

My (Windows 10) recycle Bin is loaded with Poser runtime files and other files I never deleted. When I google this, I can only find articles about the bin** not showing **files that were deleted. I've tried a few test cases, like deleting one file from the bin. When I look for it, say in my runtime, it's still there. I fear emptying the bin with one sweep. Any idea as to why this happens, and how I can fix it? Thank you!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 10:38 AM · edited Tue, 19 May 2020 at 10:39 AM

Do you ever Empty the Recycle bin? From what I can see, deleteing a file just sends it TO the Recycle bin. You still need to EMPTY the Recycle Bin to remove the file. I'm just spitballin though. I'm still using Win 7, not 10.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 12:11 PM

Right click on recycle bin, select Empty Recycle Bin. That is when it empties.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 12:30 PM

The only time you bypass the Recycle Bin when deleting a file is to hold shift + delete. You will get a warning box before proceeding. The standard delete mentioned above has been around forever, nothing new about the feature. It does what it's supposed to do.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 3:52 PM

I think that the problem is that she didn't delete the files, yet she sees them in the recycle bin. These are files which she does not want to lose, that's why she is afraid to empty the recycle bin.

I don't know what to do for this situation; all of my stuff is ye olde Win7.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2020 at 4:57 PM

Like in Win 7, you can open the Recycle Bin, highlight the file, and restore it. It will appear where it originated.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 3:29 PM

From seachnasaigh: "she didn't delete the files, yet she sees them in the recycle bin." Yes!

I know how to restore files in the recycle bin. What I don't want is files I didn't delete, going into the recycle bin. Thanks for all your comments!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 3:47 PM
Forum Coordinator

You say these files are in the bin, but are they also still in your Runtime?

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 3:49 PM

That's an odd one. I wonder if you accidentally did something like moving a folder inside Poser's library. A move might show up as a delete if the destination was unavailable or read-only. Those moves are easy to make without intending.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 20 May 2020 at 4:50 PM

romangirl posted at 5:49PM Wed, 20 May 2020 - #4389688

From seachnasaigh: "she didn't delete the files, yet she sees them in the recycle bin." Yes!

I know how to restore files in the recycle bin. What I don't want is files I didn't delete, going into the recycle bin. Thanks for all your comments!

Okay, I misunderstood your original post. You NEVER deleted the files in the first place, yet somehow they are still ending up in your recycle bin, correct?

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 21 May 2020 at 9:56 AM

Correct.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.