Sun, Sep 15, 2:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Camera's Camera's Camera's

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 7:08 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:29 PM

OMG. I really HATE the cameras in Poser. It should always be one of the better developed parts of a 3D program but often times it's lacking, just about every program I use has issues with their cameras. Very few put enough effort and make it intuitive.

So my on going issue with the camera's is that when I'm working on posing a figure, there doesn't seem to be a way to make it localized, the cameras seem to be set or hardcoded to be World axis. What I NEED is that when I click on a figure or a part of a figures body that the camera's axis will change to be centered to that joint or that body or that prop. When I'm trying to rotate the camera I end up sometimes out in the middle of no where and that "zoom to area" button only works SOMETIMES. Often times when I click that it can be worse!

IS THERE A WAY to make the camera's behave in a local axis way when clicking on an object? I don't care if I have to buy another script to make this work, I can't keep having my blood pressure go through the roof just trying to get my work done! It's annoying as hell!

Thank you so much Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 8:23 PM · edited Sun, 31 May 2020 at 8:24 PM

The Posing Camera.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 8:29 PM

It will at least keep the cameras focus on the figure/prop you are working with. The other alternative would be to create your own special camera for a specific figure and save it to the Camera Library. It's a little more involved to maneuver and position the camera but once you save it to the Library, one click will get you to where you want to be.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 8:40 PM

Also, you can use the magnifying glass in the Editing Tools panel to zoom into any specific area you want to concentrate on. Select the camera, click on the magnifying glass and draw an area box that you want to enlarge in preview window.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 8:44 PM

Of course, ctrl+Shift+H will restore the camera to its original default position.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 9:53 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

You can also try turning on the obit select mode. the camera will rotate around a selected body part or prop. it doesn't seem to work too well with the body itself selected.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:08 PM

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. I was using the Posing camera and that worked a tiny bit better but there were still issues with zooming or rotating out of range and like I stated the "Zoom too" button sometimes makes some weird decisions about where it's going to zoom too and then I just have to hit the Ctrl Z keys and dolly in slowly and around slowly. It's very very time consuming. 😡

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:12 PM

Where can I find the "orbit select mode"?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:26 PM

Found it. Never mind! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.