Sat, Aug 3, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 28 8:54 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My latest Blender models.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2020 at 6:24 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:59 PM

Female Spartan Armor for Iclone CC3 figures and Sci-Fi corridor both modeled in Blender. UNSC CORRODOOR RES.png

My website

YouTube Channel

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2020 at 7:10 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!

LuxXeon ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2020 at 8:44 PM

I really like the corridor. Did you also model that ship outside the window?

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2020 at 8:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Excellent work truly like the armor and the corridor great work wolf359

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2020 at 11:33 PM

Really nice, especially the corridor. I'd also like to know if you modeled the ship showing outside the window.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 4:27 AM

Thanks everyone!!? The "windows" are actually a video screens/planes onto which I can map any Video I want.

Modeling&Lookdev with the EEVEE realtime engine is an absolute joy ?

This corridor was modeled in two days and will represent one the interior environments

of the massive UNSC Flagship the 'Virtue" that I modeled several weeks ago.

Here is the ship in Space https://youtu.be/rQlWv8VugE4

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 1:03 PM

Looking good Wolf, and I'm liking the music. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 3:44 PM

A quick animation. ?.

https://youtu.be/1AF2NTQlmyw

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 5:56 PM

Nice and smooth. 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 9:34 PM

wolf359 posted at 9:31PM Sat, 26 September 2020 - #4400316

Thanks everyone!!? The "windows" are actually a video screens/planes onto which I can map any Video I want.

Modeling&Lookdev with the EEVEE realtime engine is an absolute joy ?

This corridor was modeled in two days and will represent one the interior environments

of the massive UNSC Flagship the 'Virtue" that I modeled several weeks ago.

Here is the ship in Space https://youtu.be/rQlWv8VugE4

Good looking vessel. What do you use for the lens flares? Blender compositor or video post in something like Premiere? I'm thinking of getting the lens flare addon I saw recently, which seems to work directly with helpers in the scene itself.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2020 at 6:00 AM · edited Sun, 27 September 2020 at 6:02 AM

@LuxXeon Thanks,

Since finishing My 93 minute feature length animated film "Galactus Rising" back in April, I was finally able to Migrate away from my ancient Mac OS computer ,Where I had My old C4D & Adobe CS suite 3 with After Effects

One of the things I feared I would sorely miss, was My old (Pre-subscription) After Effects CS with the Optical flares plugin.

Thankfully I discovered the free finishing suite from Black Magic Design Davinci Resolve 16 where I now do All of my nonlinear video editing,sound processing Color grading and VFX compositing.

It has a fairly large built in library of effects in fact the particle and muzzle flashes in the 20 second "spartan assault" clip were added with the Davinci node based fusion compositor

There is a paid version that has more effects & tools for 4-8K video production etc. but I find the free version more than enough for my current needs. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/ DAVINCI CRESSN CAP.JPG

My website

YouTube Channel

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2020 at 3:25 PM

Aw, ok. Yes, I've had quite a bit of experience with Resolve and Fusion over the years. I still use the Adobe Suite for my home workstation. I'm just a lot more comfortable with it and get things done a lot faster. I've started working primarily with 2k rendering in Blender and dabbling with 4k, so I'd probably need to get the Pro version if I decided to go with Resolve somewhere down the road, but Premiere and AE are more than fine for what I'm doing now.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 5:28 PM

I modeled this troop carrier last summer based on the "UNSC Pelican" crafts for my HALO animated series I am developing.

I finally got around to modeling a detailed interior to the same scale as the exterior craft, to match my animated Characters imported into blender from Iclone/CC3 PELICAN EXTERIOR (2).png

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 5:30 PM
wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 5:31 PM
wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 5:40 PM

All Material s are node based procedurals..

PELICANINTERIOR2 3x.png

My website

YouTube Channel

LuxXeon ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 8:03 PM

The inside looks really good. You mentioned procedural textures. Great job with incorporating the worn paint look to the caution stripes at the bottom of that doorway. I like procedural materials for anything that doesn't need to be perfectly photorealistic. It makes sense as long as everything is staying inside Blender.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 10:27 PM

All looking good. 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 5:33 AM

Thankfully My content will never be exported out of Blender for Rendering elsewhere even my custom clothing& props for Iclone/CC3 eventually end up back in Blender for the final Shading&Rendering in EEVEE after being auto weighted/conformed in CC3 (as in the attached pic).

Obviously human skin textures are image based, but since I am using the Reallusion CC3 Character eco-system exclusively, for my animated actors, I can get consistant results converting them for EEVEE due to the uniform standards of the Reallusion "Digital human shader" system which provides "Scatter masks" to control the distribution of SSS to avoid that Volume ,waxy look when SSS is simply applied globally.

The Daz figures were a nightmare of inconsistant/disparate approaches to textures and many of them at 4K which is overkill for my animated films IMHO. ?

My main area of interest is the sci-fi/future tech/ VFX genre where there are mostly artifical composite materials/metals so I am loving Blenders material system. ?screen cap graph.JPG

My website

YouTube Channel

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2020 at 7:14 PM

Yes, typically 4k textures could be overkill for animation, especially if you're rendering the frames at a resolution below 2k. However, in some close-up shots, it could really make a difference. Procedural textures will hold up under any type of shot, but image textures can really break down if your camera is in very close. That's why I almost always create my textures at 4k, simply because I don't know how the client will use the model so it's important for it to work under every condition. PBR texture maps are excellent for this. Unfortunately, this is where purely procedural materials can be limited, in a PBR or photorealistic workflow.

Your stuff is looking good. Keep it up.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

CHK2033 ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2020 at 1:15 PM

Nice modeling and lighting Wolf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 12:29 PM

latest environment set for my animation project I may add a few large cables but mostly finished.forerunner core4 RESVD.jpgforerunner core3 RESVED.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 2:00 PM

Very nicely done. I'm liking the atmosphere a lot.

Butterfly Dezignz

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2020 at 8:17 AM

Modeled the "Holo-table" this weekend, that will be on the command deck of every fleet ship. WORN VERSION  FLAT.png

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2020 at 8:18 AM
wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2020 at 3:47 PM

Another environment completed. The "armor bay"ARMO BAY  WEB VERSION.png

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.