Sun, Oct 6, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Weird issue with rigging boots

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 11:13 PM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:16 PM

So I made a pair of boots for Roxie. I imported them and added materials and gave them a test render. Once I was happy with that, I went into the setup room and rigged them with Roxie's DEV rig. Everything was just fine until I added them to the library. I deleted the original figure, and then brought the new boots onto the stage. Sometime during the rigging and saving in the library, Poser duplicated the preview texture, named it boots and made it the materials for the boots. The materials I created are there, but this new material is overriding them. I can't delete it, and I've tried to delete them and redo it all over again. Same result. I took them into CR2Editor, but the material "Boots" doesn't exist in the cr2. I'm stumped, as I have never had this happen before. Any clues?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 6:31 AM

added materials? Via the grouping tool? Did you tell it to point to the new obj file when you saved to library, or is it still pointing to the one you used before adding the materials and rigging? If you added materials via grouping tool and didn't save with the new obj, the materials will be in the cr2, but not on the original obj, which is what I'm guessing is happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 9:36 AM

I didn't add any materials via the grouping tool. I did auto group in the setup room. And it is pointing to the original obj file.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:00 AM

Until I can figure out why this is happening, I just imported them one at a time and did a cloth sim.

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:00 AM ยท edited Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:02 AM

Ok, misunderstanding on my part where you said you added materials. :) .. But if poser is adding a material that isn't listed in your cr2, then your object has faces that are listed under that material somewhere in your object file. Open the obj in a text editor and search for Boots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:08 AM

If you read my original post, I said that I did that. I figured it out. It was something to do with Wings when I exported both of the boots together as one prop. I opened them with Wings and discovered that there was only one material there. Boots. Fixed it.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:24 AM

It looks like I have to remodel. When I import into Wings, there is only one material. Boots When I import into Poser, there are two materials, upper and lower, the materials I created and applied to the boots. I opened the materials file in my text editor, and it only lists the upper and lower. Wings creates the materials file separate from the obj. It might be a problem with Wings, or I screwed something up trying to model at 3AM, I don't know. Bottom line, it's NOT a problem with Poser. It's a problem with rokket...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:29 AM

Ok, now I am lost. I imported the obj into Blender, and the same two materials, upper and lower are assigned to the obj.

Now I have to figure out what happened. Where is that extra material coming from? I didn't create it. I am going to have to try something else.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2020 at 10:41 AM

I had originally exported the boots as a right and left, so I just imported them back into wings, combined them and exported again as Boots. That did the trick. I have them rigged and I am doing a render with them on her now.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2020 at 12:32 AM

Cyborg attack.png

Done. I just need to maybe get a little better textures on the boots. Everything in this scene is rigged as a conformer, excepts Roxie's suit. It's a second skin.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.