Sun, Oct 6, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Trying to re-parent a body part but Poser crashes

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2021 at 12:41 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:21 PM

Anyone else have this problem? Using Pro 2012.

Rigging one of my model Daleks and I noticed I'd parented the arm parts incorrectly, so I'm trying to parent them in the right order but every time I try, Poser crashes. When I try to parent to Universe, nothing happens at all, so I tried to parent to the figure's main section, which is when the crash occurs.

I guess it's going to be simpler to create the figure again - it's no real hardship - but it would be good to know why this happens and what to do about it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2021 at 12:43 PM

Erm, no, I wasn't using Pro 2012, I was using Poser 11. I have Pro 2012 but hardly use it. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Azath ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2021 at 6:13 PM

Setup room can be tricky in Poser I remember that SM fixed some issues on the last Poser 11 update due crashes when changing the Hierarchy order on a model. Crashes normally occur if you try changing an upper part of a Hierarchy chain reparenting them to another body part it is where a crash might happen. In my case I even had crashes that caused the Licence to blow off using the Setup room. SM gave me support at the time to get a stable Infinite Licence ! really bad crashes can happen if you Move or delete a single bone in the hierarchy chain that is not last having attached bones on it .

In your case as I can't see the Hierarchy you actually have and how you want to change it you might consider rebuilding it. On Models I create I use bridges with Blender, Hierarchy Bone and Modeling surface issues are fixed in Blender sending it back to Poser from there i just copy Paste the rigging that already was done back to the model, this way I do not have to re rig the whole thing and can move on from the latest point .

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2021 at 6:19 PM

I never use the Setup Room. I import each piece, parent them in the Hierarchy Editor, hit Create New Figure and there you go. Then, I set up the joints, limits and all that stuff.

It's usually a simple, easy way to rig hard surface models, such as mine.

Anyhow, I deleted the file and created it again. This one works properly.

My Store

My Gallery

Azath ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2021 at 6:40 PM

Yes that is what I also do with mechanical Figures :) on complex mechanical models the setup room can come in handy to fix some complex articulations such as hydraulics that have to fallow the bending, or if you need additional ghost bones.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.