Sat, Sep 28, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Background Node reverts to default when exiting Material Room

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2021 at 5:34 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 10:59 AM
Online Now!

Le sigh. So I went back to test Ghostship's wonderful materials and lights by setting up the background node the way he explains in his tutorial.

I did the setup, exited the material room, it looked great. Then I entered the mat room again to adjust a setting on my model's eye texture. Surprise! When I moved back to the Pose Room the background node I set up was disconnected and the original default setup was auto-plugged in back.

This is very bizarre. I retested twice. This happened after a Windows 10 update so no idea what got messed up. Will file a bug report regardless. Just wanted to see if anyone manages to replicate.

backgroun_lighting.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2021 at 6:12 PM
Site Admin

Did you delete the "extra" node that the background loads with by default? The background works fine if I leave them. It reverts when I remove them. By extra nodes, I mean BC Color, Black, BG Environment, BG Picture, and BG Movie.

And today's fun fact, the ground plane shadow catcher works well if you're using the background rather than a sphere.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 August 2021 at 7:02 PM
Online Now!

I will try leaving them, thanks for the suggestion. It's still a bug, because why should it reconnect something I explicitly told it to change? That background node is buggier than an ant hive, it had several since 12 was released.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 3:20 AM
Online Now!

I confirm this automatism: the background's defaults nodes must be present, even if they are not used, and it's also in Poser 11. Example in Poser 12 (same effect in Poser 11)

test.jpg

You don't even need to get out of the Material room: select another object, and then come back to the background node.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 7:37 PM

I'm in full agreement with Y-Phil and RedPhantom. Those nodes are fully entrenched in the Background nodes setup, like a bad tune, they keep coming back.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 8:05 PM
Online Now!

Yeah. Not sure I'm happy about this. Bug report was filed, I pointed John to this thread to see I'm not nuts and others also experienced it.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 9:13 PM
Site Admin

This is nothing new. It was in poser 7. If I had to guess, it has something with being able to set a background color in the pose room. I like to have my background set to green for higher contrast. Even when I set up a background image, the background stays green in the pose room.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 10:26 PM
Online Now!

I literally never had it change back to the original. The issue is that it removes the HDRI I set up for lighting. That is not something I experienced before.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2021 at 12:02 AM

The design probably wants those nodes there because otherwise there might not be any convenient way to restore them if you wanted them. But if that's the case, it shouldn't be possible to delete them at all. Certainly it shouldn't mess up the nodes you've left.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2021 at 11:28 AM

yes, you need to leave those node there. I have them in my own preset so there isn't any funny business when I load it up. background preset.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2021 at 12:04 PM
Online Now!

Grr. And of course, this is nowhere in the manuals so people will be taken by surprise. Appreciate the confirmation.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 14 August 2021 at 3:18 PM

I don't think I've ever tried removing them. I usually just unplugged whichever one was plugged in, minimized them size-wise, and moved them out of the way.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.