Sun, Aug 4, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: DS 4.15Pro Transparency issue

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2021 at 7:08 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 2:15 PM

I'm currently using DS 4.15.0.30 pro (64bit) and have noticed since updating to the latest version that transparencies are broken:-

Firstly if you have one transparent plane (or object) behind another transparent plane (or object) the one behind is rendered invisible, which is annoying if the transparency is being used to hide certain parts of an object and the whole thing is gone.

Secondly i have a scene that has a volumetric cube (for atmosphere (although this issue also happens when the cube is removed) and i have a plane with a leaf material on it, that has a transparency to hide areas that are not the leaf. this is then instanced so that i have falling leaves, the problem is, on some of the leaves the background on the leaves (plane) are semi transparent and not completely transparent. i've tried using a greyscale map with absolute black and white on it, and used a Tif map, but nothing fixes this...

Has anyone any ideas on a work around or a fix...

and i tried to load this into DS 4.12.0.086 but the scene wont render, im guessing because of the amount of instances i have in the scene.

Thank you for reading this and any help/ideas

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2021 at 8:56 AM

If an alpha channel is supported, you can use a .png format.  Otherwise, I'm at a loss because I don't use DS that often.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.