Wed, Oct 2, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Not getting great results with converting Paul suit to L'Homme

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2021 at 11:14 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 4:27 PM
Online Now!

I am using the Poser content that comes with Poser 12. I tried re-fitting Paul's Business jacket, shirt and slacks to L'Homme.  I used a combination of Morph Brush and Fitting Room.  I can't say the results are great. Poor chap really needs a sharp business suit.

qpE9MU5UxMUjIJDPlxpVDZSwID9iEIKVfOaCwGR9.png

Eternal Hobbyist

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2021 at 11:32 AM

Did you reset L'Homme's overall scale to 100%?  IIRC, the initial model is 110%, the recommendation for fitting clothing to him is to use the developers figure.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2021 at 5:17 PM · edited Wed, 22 December 2021 at 5:17 PM
Site Admin

I've converted Paul's suit for L'homme and have no problem with it, except with a few morphs. As hborre suggests, check L'homme's size. There is a size morph under pose controls that loads at .5 and doesn't zero out when you zero the figure. Set that to 0. Also, don't forget to copy the joint zones. I do that sometimes, though the results look much worse than you show. And of course work on a zeroed figure with no morphs dialed in when converting. And some morphs might not copy well. If it turns out it's from the morphs, your best bet is to use the morph brush and smooth out the problem areas.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 22 December 2021 at 6:40 PM
Online Now!
RedPhantom posted at 5:17 PM Wed, 22 December 2021 - #4432268

I've converted Paul's suit for L'homme and have no problem with it, except with a few morphs. As hborre suggests, check L'homme's size. There is a size morph under pose controls that loads at .5 and doesn't zero out when you zero the figure. Set that to 0. Also, don't forget to copy the joint zones. I do that sometimes, though the results look much worse than you show. And of course work on a zeroed figure with no morphs dialed in when converting. And some morphs might not copy well. If it turns out it's from the morphs, your best bet is to use the morph brush and smooth out the problem areas.

Yes, I did set the morph for LH size to zero (100%) before converting in Fitting Room.  I also got the morphs copied across.  I was using the default morphs of the LH figure, no dialling.  

I suppose I should just try again… 

Thanks Everyone everyone for replying.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2021 at 2:19 AM · edited Thu, 23 December 2021 at 2:19 AM
Online Now!

I went back to try from scratch. Needed to fiddle with joint parameters and weight painting in addtion to Fitting Room and using Morph Brush. It was NOT a walk in the park.  Some results...

cZl2SUTqDoWZgIUWUjDMI3aLZxnjpnbS6jXzK6jd.pngeffPv2Sl2RwIyEKCJEiJwUXT8iGCMzoC1q5cPj4A.png

Eternal Hobbyist

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2021 at 7:58 AM
Site Admin
That looks much better. Glad you were able to manage something.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2021 at 8:28 AM · edited Thu, 23 December 2021 at 8:29 AM
Online Now!

Thanks @Redphantom .

I also did the tie.

kUOf3YPxVwIYcYHppt3FXxFyxHrz2yPBar24RIgO.png

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 23 December 2021 at 8:30 AM
Online Now!

Adjusting the Joint Parameters using Weight Painting really helped.

Eternal Hobbyist

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 24 December 2021 at 5:09 PM

I also have found L’Homme to be a train wreck in the fitting room. I didn’t realize that his scale and morphs aren’t zeroed. That’s just stupid. I now use only the original morph of La Femme, rig for her, and copy the morph and joint zones. 

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2021 at 4:40 AM
Online Now!
RobZhena posted at 5:09 PM Fri, 24 December 2021 - #4432366

I also have found L’Homme to be a train wreck in the fitting room. I didn’t realize that his scale and morphs aren’t zeroed. That’s just stupid. I now use only the original morph of La Femme, rig for her, and copy the morph and joint zones. 

I agree that the size morph is a real problem for Fitting Room and Setup Room when creating clothing.

Eternal Hobbyist

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2021 at 8:06 AM
Site Admin

I like having the morph for resizing him. I do plenty of multi-figured images and don't like them all the same size, but it should zero out when you use zero figure.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2021 at 9:23 AM
Online Now!
RedPhantom posted at 8:06 AM Sat, 25 December 2021 - #4432394

I like having the morph for resizing him. I do plenty of multi-figured images and don't like them all the same size, but it should zero out when you use zero figure.

Sadly, it does not...

Eternal Hobbyist

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 December 2021 at 9:40 AM

The default scaling on L'Homme is 'hardwired', it does not zero out with you use the zero figure command.

patlane ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2021 at 3:02 AM

Thank you all. This thread has answered a lot of questions with regard to making clothing for L'homme.

A boiler suit I am working on for L'homme now fits without the ballooning neck and shoulders. A project I thought I was going to have to abandon until I read this thread. So thank you all, and thank you infinity 10 for bringing the problem to note.

Pat Lane :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 26 December 2021 at 8:25 AM
Site Admin
hborre posted at 9:40 AM Sat, 25 December 2021 - #4432399

The default scaling on L'Homme is 'hardwired', it does not zero out with you use the zero figure command.

I think I misworded what I said. I meant they shouldn't have hardwired it in so that it would zero out. Too many don't notice it so causes problems with making or converting clothing.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2022 at 11:17 AM · edited Thu, 06 January 2022 at 11:17 AM

I thought I'd try this. I had made some nice fits for the pants, shirt, and tie in the Fitting Room, but the jacket was hell. So I decided to try another route.

For the jacket, pants, shirt, tie, AND shoes, I used PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard (in Poser Pro 11) to convert the fits from Paul to Rex.

Next, I converted all these figures in Evil Innocence's CrossDresser from Rex to L'Homme.

Then I used the Morph Tool on each of them. I changed the figures' skinning to Traditional to use it but changed the figures' skinning back to Unimesh when done.

Below, the first and second L'Hommes are before the Morph Tool was used. I changed the colors in number two to see the clothing items more clearly. The third one was after using the Morphing Tool. For the shirt, I only morphed exposed areas. For the jacket, I didn't fuss much in the armpit area. I just hid L'Homme's chest, collar, and shoulder (right side hidden below). I could have spent all day on the shoes (because shoes are impossible) and would probably use shoes designed for L'Homme anyway. But I gave it shot to complete the outfit.

ENJ5gkn7p7IHGAlKPaSkJXXlRwl0iqnZqsJX6O7X.png

Here's the final suit. It can use more smoothing, but I just wanted to see if it could be done.

CQemwWPNz5chLolzI1HHZtSLj27Qeoc7nskAoR8X.png

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.