Fri, Jul 12, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:19 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser regroups obj on its own

anniemation ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 10:30 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 7:56 AM

I'm trying to rig a figure - I'm at the most difficult part - the toes.  Everytime I try and group them the rest of the grouping gets messed up.  I'm being super careful to make sure no polys are grabbed by mistake. 

Please help!

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2022 at 8:16 AM
jennblake has moved this thread from the Vendors Support forum to the Poser Technical forum as of Friday, July 15, 2022 8:16 am

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2022 at 2:20 PM
anniemation posted at 10:30 PM Thu, 14 July 2022 - #2972194

I'm trying to rig a figure - I'm at the most difficult part - the toes.  Everytime I try and group them the rest of the grouping gets messed up.  I'm being super careful to make sure no polys are grabbed by mistake. 

Please help!

Are all the toes meant to be one group or actor or are you going to rig each individual toe?

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2022 at 2:46 PM · edited Fri, 15 July 2022 at 2:52 PM

...if you are rigging each individual toe than the toe groups need to have a row of polys between each toe belonging to the foot actor. Otherwise there will be mesh breaks because Poser is confused by child actor having more than one parent. Each child (a toe) can only have one parent, the foot. Hence the row of polygons that separates the children and belongs to the parent foot.

Be careful with how you name your groups. Try to name left and right with lower case l and r and try to avoid punctuation and spaces. Using spaces may cause Poser to regroup. So rToe1 would be ok. Right toe 1 probably not. Obviously this is internal names. External names can be anything you wish. Alot of this is ancient Poser stuff but is still relevant and is standard practice.

Otherwise if it's just having poly selection difficulty you might try grouping it externally in a more precise modeling software. If you are using the grouping tool and selecting in wireframe display it will generally select polys that are facing away from the camera on the mesh too.

anniemation ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2022 at 5:45 PM · edited Fri, 15 July 2022 at 5:45 PM

What was happening is I would re group a toe go back out to main room and the rest of the groups were completely off.  I finally got it all rigged in Auto Group Editor.

oNvlPYorGRKjIgvxsVAaojLLYcZME8KC81pvoQC8.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.